IGNORED

Headlight Modulator Question

Guest blindman

I had a 99 Venture with a modulator for a 1 1/2 year and had no problems at all. I sold my Venture and bought a Tour Deluxe, I liked the modulator enough to switch it to the Tour Deluxe and have not had problems with this bike either. Living in Phoenix I wouldn't drive in this town unless I had a modulator on my bike. The other cool thing about it is that if you have a riding budy with a modulator also and you ride side by side people will pull off the road and make room for the emergency vehicle :223:coming at them. Almost forgot, I purchased mine from Kisan and it was very easy install.

What headlight modulators are people using and is there any problems with the light bulb burnout feature. I was looking at signal dynamics and the Kisan ones. Thanks Jim.

I installed the Kriss Industries Starburst a couple of months ago. Easy to install and I am convinced that it has saved my bacon more than ounce.

I've also wondered if the modulator creates a pulsing light for daytime visability, how does this affect the light while riding at night?

:canada:

There is a light sensor that is included that turns the modulator off in dim light. The modulator works on high beam, so you can turn it off by switching to low beam. At night the headlamp works normally.

DJ

:group cheers:

I have the Kissan and love it. I wouldn't leave home without it on. It actually runs the light cooler then at High Beam constantly. It flashes to 80% ish (can't remember the exact %) of the full power of Hi-beam there by keeping the bulb cooler. The light sensor stops the modulator at about the same time where you would think of removing your sun glasses for the night and as stated, you can just turn it off by turning to low beam.

I turn mine off on 4 lane Hi-way cuz I have noticed Big Rigs think I am signaling to them they have cleared me and start moving back in my lane too early for my taste. However, on off roads or in town, it is amazing how many cars stop dead in there tracks before they pull out of their driveway. I even had ppl pulling off to the shoulder in front of me to allow me to go past them.....I luv it.

Cheers

I too bought a Kriss model and just got back from my first long trip. Wow, I love it! I too had a number of people that halfway pulled over thinking I might be an emergency vehicle, but even better I had countless people that I know would've pulled out right in front of me before! They looked right at me and then did the hard double take & slammed on the brakes again. I was counting the number of people for awhile but after about a dozen I gave up. Wish I'd have gotten one a long time ago! Got some good tech support from George at Kriss cuz for some reason I couldn't follow the install instructions the first time around, even though it was spelled right out what to do...must've been dyslexic that day!

Got some good tech support from George at Kriss cuz for some reason I couldn't follow the install instructions the first time around, even though it was spelled right out what to do...must've been dyslexic that day!

Don't tell me, you put the spades in the original connector like you were looking at the front of the connector instead of the back of the connector, right? :whistling:

I have Custom Dinamic one. Easy enough to install. just T -tap 3 wires and job is done. Light sensor is give me a trouble once, didnt want to turn on, and I'm fix'em Cuting off sensor and splice two wires together. Right now works any time i want. Mount swith on left hand side under firing on location easy to rich while driving. Definitly picking up attention on intersections. I LOVE'EM.

all of you law enforement,riders,would you plaese send me a statement of the law in your area.

as you all know,i got a emproper use of flashing lights in Kiowa ok,i am fighting this ticket,any statement,will help

thanks

lowell

ps have over 100000 mls on my mod,never had a blub to burn out,i have a diamond---,dose the high or low beam-plus the horn,hit the horn,it will flash three times,great for the cages,pulling on the road at night,and passing 18 wheeler

all of you law enforement,riders,would you plaese send me a statement of the law in your area.

as you all know,i got a emproper use of flashing lights in Kiowa ok,i am fighting this ticket,any statement,will help

thanks

lowell

Lowell,

I think that all you should need is the federal regulation on the subject. The state laws can't supercede the federal law on this.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/get-cfr.cgi?YEAR=current&TITLE=49&PART=571&SECTION=108&SUBPART=&TYPE=TEXT

Paragraph S7.9.4

More condensed version:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-technical-articles/Modulator-regs.htm

This page also has a section that says that the states can't supercede the Fed. law.

This one is the AMA site and it has the laws for all 50 states:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

Last one gives lots of different laws for the different states. Just click the state you want to see.

thanks: i have printed all this,and will take them to court with me,don't know what else i can do,maybe i should have paid the fine,and let it go,but,they didn't seam to even want to look up the law,kinda thank i was,railroaded,they were more inested in the momey than the law