IGNORED

MAC Muffler group buy list.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check goes out in the mail tommorrow.....

Are you guys getting the gaskets from Yamaha or elsewhere??? Thanks for doing this....

i had to replace one side only. Bought it at a local non-afilliated shop. Looked lead/silver-ish....kinda like oakem..... Worked. If you're carefull removing the old mufflers you may not need to replace the gaskets....

Condor, did you get a Yammy gasket or some aftermarket kind? One of my stock mufflers needs a gasket...

Thanks,

Jeremy

I just bought an aftermarket. Took the old gasket with me, and sort of matched it up with one they had.

WE NEED ONE MORE!!!!

We're getting down to the wire on placing an order for the MACs, and we still have a few members who haven't sent in their payment. I can't contact one member, TJON, by email as he has his switch thrown in his CP file, and he's only posted twice in the last couple of months, so a PM isn't going to work either. So...... I'm going to have to assume that he no longer is interested, and we need another member to fill his place. CDLouis will be sending his money shortly, and I just fired off another Email to Richard. I know there's a few on the list that are very anxious to get their MACs, and I'm peddaling as fast as I can to comply.....

Just got back myself from an awesome trip through the Adirondacks (NY), Green mountains (Vermont) and White mountains (NH), and all the way out to Prince Edward Island, man what a great time. The old 85VR performed flawlessly, I think she will like her new pipes. Payments in tonight! It sure didn't take long to get this bandwagon moving. Kudos to Condor and everyone helping each other get a nice set of pipes!

This is going to be fun! :cool10:

CdnLou

Thanks Cecil. We now have 10 paid with another one coming soon, so I'll be calling MAC today and placing the order. In the past they quoted me a 2 week lead time to build them, and hopefully that hasn't changed. Thanks to everyone for making this group a go..... :)

• 3 weeks later...

TJON dropped me a note asking about the progress of the muffler order, and I thought I'd post an update here so everyone would know. I just checked with MAC and they are going to give me a call later today on the order status. There in manufacturing somewhere and as soon i receive word I'll post it here. They originally quoted 2 weeks, but you all know how that goes.....

OK, I just received a call back from MAC with some info on where our mufflers are in the whole scheme of production. They have 6 sets built and are now waiting on materials to complete the last 4. I've been given an estimate of another 2 weeks. If this presents a problem for anyone send me a PM and I'll see if we can get a partial shipment, but I'd really like to do this all at once.

Guest Backroads

OK by me.

Was sort of hoping they didn't show up at the post office while I was away moose hunting.

This way my wife won't be wondering what the h#ll are these for.:think: They will just appear on the bike:confused24:

She finally got me to take the straight pipes off of my Virago.:bikersmilie:

So I am hoping these have a little attitude without being ignorant.