IGNORED

Does anybody know what these fuses are for?

The main 40 amp bike fuse is not pictured. The picture with 4 atc fuses is attached to the main bike harness it doesnt look like aftermarket. The other rubber enclosed fuse is a 20 amp glass fuse on the right side of the bike attached next to main fuse panel and it attches with plastic connectors with a spare glass fuse inside. I just dont know what the heck they are for. I m putting a new fuse panel trying to clean things up.

The black rubber housing holds a 20 amp fuse and a spare for the CLASS. It goes to a nearby white two pin connector with red wires with a blue stripe.

The "multi-fuse block" is not stock. The main clue is there's no color code to the wires.

on my '86, there are three fuse connections up front. one is the main fuse, one is a group of tubular glass fuses, the third, is the group of fuses that you have pictured.like stated earlier, under the lid,you should see what each one is for. i.e. FAN ,CB ,AUDIO, whatever. just jt

Thanks for the info I dont have a sticker under my battrey cover thanks. Here is another picture of the four atc fuses from different angle mbrood. Does anybody know if I can use a ganged 8 position fuse panel I noticed everyone seems to us the independent type fuse panels? I tried hooking up the 8 gang (leaving the accessory fused by itself) using the stud for the ground side which seems to be the right side of all the glass tube circuits starts ok but head light slow to light and makes a whining noise from lightr area ( computer not hooked up for fear of shorting it) or should I just use one of the independent circuit boxes like most of you have used. Thanks

Maybe its a 90s thing? My 86 has nothing like that up around the battery.

I think the "stickers" mentioned means under each fuse in the big, black main fuse holder.

I can't upload a picture of mine... my server is screwy... but there's the main fuse on the hard left, the class fuse in the rubber holder next to the fork tubes and the main, black, fuse block and EVERYTHING uses the glass fuses.

Is this a "newer" 1st gen thing from the 90s?

If you look under the cover for these fuses you will see a list of what they are for.

From right to left:

Hazard 15A

Fan 10A

Audio CB 5A

Back up 5A

with two spares to the right

This is off of my 86

Steve

my 89 has the same thing and in that exact order:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks for the info I dont have a sticker under my battrey cover thanks. Here is another picture of the four atc fuses from different angle mbrood. Does anybody know if I can use a ganged 8 position fuse panel I noticed everyone seems to us the independent type fuse panels? I tried hooking up the 8 gang (leaving the accessory fused by itself) using the stud for the ground side which seems to be the right side of all the glass tube circuits starts ok but head light slow to light and makes a whining noise from lightr area ( computer not hooked up for fear of shorting it) or should I just use one of the independent circuit boxes like most of you have used. Thanks

I'm a bit confused here... those handlebars in that pic don't look like what's on a 1st gen..???

Ah you caught that handle bar thing well those are actually Kawasaki Voyager bars. I love my Venture but the bars were to swept back for me I was getting terrible Tennis elbow because of the bars having to twist my wrists outward. I like my bars canted more foward like a dirt bike much more comfortable for me. I wanted bars I could adjust took for ever to find them but I happen to see a Voyager for sale at a dealer and found what I was looking for the bars adjust much more then a Venture. Now the problem is clearance with the windshield and battery cover. I think I found the setup where I can meet my needs and get my clearances I have some photos of the process if your interested.

Ah you caught that handle bar thing well those are actually Kawasaki Voyager bars. I love my Venture but the bars were to swept back for me I was getting terrible Tennis elbow because of the bars having to twist my wrists outward. I like my bars canted more foward like a dirt bike much more comfortable for me. I wanted bars I could adjust took for ever to find them but I happen to see a Voyager for sale at a dealer and found what I was looking for the bars adjust much more then a Venture. Now the problem is clearance with the windshield and battery cover. I think I found the setup where I can meet my needs and get my clearances I have some photos of the process if your interested.

Very interesting and yes, I think more than just myself would be interested in those pics.

My 87 has all the fuses you show - they must be stock. I don't know offhand what they are for, but IIRC, mine has a cover, and others have said what is labeled under that cover.

Cool deal with the bars. My Dad has a Voyager and I can't envision how to retrofit the bars to a Venture; mine has a sort of clip-on arrangement while his are more conventional bars. Sounds impressive. I don't like the back sweep either. I've dealt with it by 1) adjusting the inner pivots all the way forward, and 2) adjusting the outer pivots all the way down, plus one. I actually ground out the slot so I could go one spline further down. I like it pretty well; it changes the angle somewhat from back to down which is better on wrists. I can sit up real straight and actually hunch over a bit on the bars for a sporty riding position, but if I lean back on the backrest my arms are out too straight.

Jeremy

The Venture splines where the handle bars connect on the triple tree actually comes out. I did have to drill out some of the sleeve to make the Roadstar risers fit in. They are 14 mm. Could not find a 14 mm drill bit so settled on 9/16 which is slightly larger then used aluminum can strips as a shim to tighten up the risers. Almost done with them. I post some pictures when finished. I was just looking to make it more comfortable.

Ok guys,

You got me... I don't see that four-fuse thing anywhere on mine... Now mine is pretty unmolested by the previous owner so maybe the holder is shoved somewhere? I didn't see it down the right side between the fairing and frame so...? Most things he did are easy to spot... he had the finesse and quality of a monkey with a hammer.

http://www.bergall.org/temp/venture/fuseblock.jpg

Those (4) fuses are newer design and I suspect added for other purposes ...not a factory issue. Wouldn't make sense to have different fuse designs from the factory....would it?

I don't see them on my bike either.

Is that where all the little marks on the handlebars came from?

:sign just kidding:

If you look underneath the ground wire,just in front of your battery I believe you will find this fuse holder. That is where it is on my 86.

ALL 1st gens have the four "blade type" fuses. i believe.

they are in a black plastic box, with a rubber "holder ", on the back that slides down over a flat bar. i do believe it is underneath the glass fuse holder, to the right, and behind the battery. it IS standard O.E.M..

just jt

It is "standard" if you have a Royale model. My 83 being a standard "no frills model" doesn't have this fuse holder. By the way my 86 had the habit of not keeping the radio station or not keeping the radio on the speakers when turning the key on after shutting it off. In looking at these fuses in question the 5 amp one on the bottom was blown. Replaced it, an another problem solved. I love a easy fix.:2cents::D

"Wouldn't make sense to have different fuse designs from the factory....would it?"

Make sense? Who said anything about making sense??? But the factory did this, all the same. That bit about this fuse box existing only on the Royale makes sense - Yammy added a "sub-box" for the additional functions of the Royale.

Jeremy