IGNORED

Tune Up Question.

Guest msegelle

Guest msegelle

I wanted to ask the sage and wise members of this web site what I should ask for in a tune up for my 2006 Venture?

I will have the dealer perform this task for me.

While in the shop since I have factory tires still on the bike what would be the suggested brand and size recommended?

Thanks in advance for all the information you can provide.

Sincerly, Mark:hurts:

I put a Elite III on my Venture this summer. Looks like it will go 12,000+ miles and I'm happy with that. I'm on my 5th Royal Star, valves, plugs and carb synic at 26,000, oil and filter at ever 5000 miles for me, valvoline 10w40 motorcycle oil. When I got to 50,000 miles on my 1996 Tour Classic I had the stearing bearings greased. They don't need much attention.

As for the tune up, there really isn't that much to do. Change the plugs and sync the carbs is the main thing. Many dealers don't do such a great job with the carbs. Many, maybe MOST of us, do our own. You can buy a carb sync tool for about what the dealer will charge you to do it and it's a simple job.

Avons! [WWW]

had both the dunlap and Metzlers. the Avons seem to handle the corners better than the others, not as much wobble.

NOTE: even though the rear tire is stamped as to be the stock size, mine was a bear to get on and actually a little wider.

good luck

Ron

How many miles does the bike have on it? I don't know that EVERYBODY here would agree but in my opinion, the valves should be checked around 40,000. They will most likely be fine and then I don't think I would check them again until at least 100,000.

:sign yeah that: I agree too with Don, but you will probably find that they are still good at 40K. I haven't heard or seen of too many Ventures that are out on the valve clearances.