IGNORED

Tires again

:feedback: Been surfen the post about tires. looks like Avon is the choice:think: After looking at the tread design on my new RSTD I am not a happy camper:mad: I had Dunlop's OEM on my VTX 1800R which ran good in rain, steel grates & high speed but @ 7K they were wearing:mad:

My question is: Does Avon make the sizes that are OEM on the 2008 RSTD? Did not see any on there site:shock3:

So what I need are a 150/80-169(71H) Radial front & a 150/90-15(74H) Radial rear:think: Or a brand with the Venom R type tread design:happy65:

Ron:325:

I just bought a tire for the rear of my RSTD. I read many posts before I finally dEecided. I read good and bad about all of them. The only tires most people agreed on were Bridgestones (nobody liked them).

I finally decided on Elite III. I've ridden on it a few hundred miles and really like it. It doesn't roar in turns like the Bridgestone that was on it when I got the bike. I have ridden this bike only a few thousand miles, so I don't have a lot of feedback (I bought it used late Sept.), but that's my personal experience.

Yes, similar but not 404's. Main intent is to replace my RSTD OEM's with a similar tread as Venom R or Dunlop E3's. Would like to have Radials and the same size that came on the bike:happy65:

Thanks for replys, I will look at the AM41 & 42 series.

:feedback:

So what I need are a 150/80-16(71H) Radial front & a 150/90-15(74H) Radial rear:think: Or a brand with the Venom R type tread design:happy65:

Stock tires on the RSV and RSTD are NOT radials!! Avon does make a 150/80-16(71H) and a 150/90-15(80H) biasply They also have MT90B-16(74h) 130 wide, makes the bike's slow speed handling better and handles more load.

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/?page=tyres&method=showspecs&id=1

If I were you I would not think of putting on Radials on RSTD because it is not designed for them at all.You could end up with a very bad handling bike and un-safe to ride. the side ways on a radial is much softer and will give more then the Bias tires and if the bike is not setup for them you could go down when cornering hard.

I have tried most all brands of tires on my 1999 and my 2006 venture and the one I liked best to suit my way of riding was the E3 Dunlop. I love them and they last the longest for me.The Avon would be my next choice.

Just my 2 cents

bikenut :080402gudl_prv:

If I were you I would not think of putting on Radials on RSTD because it is not designed for them at all.You could end up with a very bad handling bike and un-safe to ride. the side ways on a radial is much softer and will give more then the Bias tires and if the bike is not setup for them you could go down when cornering hard.

I have tried most all brands of tires on my 1999 and my 2006 venture and the one I liked best to suit my way of riding was the E3 Dunlop. I love them and they last the longest for me.The Avon would be my next choice.

Just my 2 cents

bikenut :080402gudl_prv:

Hi bikenut,

I don't know what makes a bike Radial or Bias compliant, my VTX 1800R had Radials on it and pooring into curves and running 65-70 mph in a downpoor with a heavy driver was not a problem. I think the VTX was about a 800# bike. With all the input I received here it looks like a pair of E3's.

Thanks to all for the info:happy65:

• 1 month later...

I've been running pirelli Route 66 tires and for the money they have been good. The only thing I've noticed is that they don't feel as good when they are cold ( 30 degrees or colder). I got 12,000 miles out of the last set andf have 6,000 on the current set