IGNORED

DkKnight Jr....

Princess M

Actually his name is Benelli. He will be DkKnight's hunting partner hopefully by next duck hunting season. Tom was retrieving his own ducks. One time he was hunting with a friend who has a Lab and Tom was out of the blind to retrieve the duck as fast as the dog. So they started calling him "Milkbone". Hopefully Benelli will be a great retriever and Tom won't have to be "Milkbone" anymore.

[ATTACH]24865[/ATTACH]

He looks just like Jake did a couple of years ago. I don't hunt but I made the mistake teaching Jake to fetch. Just a note the way you teach a Lab to fetch is to throw something.

Anyway a ball or Frisbee to Jake is like crack to a junky. He will chase a ball until he dies unless you stop throwing it. Then he'll stand like a statue staring at the ball until you throw it again.

I had Jake on a leash one day over at my neighbor's. I wasn't paying much attention to him as I was talking to the neighbor. I didn't know that the neighbor's grandson played T-ball and was behind me getting ready to hit a ball off of the tee, but Jake did.

I heard a SMACK! and then my arm pulls almost out of it's socket as Jake took off for the ball. All I know is if Tom is out of the blind as fast as the Lab, he needs to enter the olympics.

Oh, beautiful pup by the way.

Can we see a vote by raise of hands... should we change Tom's handle to Milkbone?:whistling:

Moderators??

:duck:

Call Tom Milkbone and the dogs might start retrieving him M. I remember when I use to toss milkbones to my dog. My hunting days were over a long time ago, but I always enjoyed going out with one of my friends who had a retriever. Good luck in the training of him; have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Rich:mustache:

DK Knight JR ehh? Cute ... much better looking than Tom ... and he has more hair!!! You feed him Puppy Chow? I mean the dog not Tom!

Merry Christmas M!!

Definitely have my vote to change Tom's handle to Milkbone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::rotf::rotf:

Beautiful pup - hope you all have many loving days with you new family member, and Benelli will assist Tom - in his "elder" stage - get the ducks - :rotf::rotf:

Merry Christmas, M and Tom - and also to your family.:group cheers:

Yes, he is a Akc pup. He looks like he has a good bloodline. His dad retrieves. His grandmother's pedigree is online http://www.hightest.com/dams/georgia.php Benelli's grandfather is from the same kennel. They told me he is retired now but was a master hunter and a very talented hunting dog.

PS- Tom won't go for the name change:think:

Good looking dog. Also like the way you named him after a shotgun. Nice touch. Now if you could just teach Tom to fetch, roll-over and play dead you would have it made. :banana: :banana: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks. I also wonder if you are the only one that connected his name to the shotgun.

As far as Tom (I love this man):

Fetch: he will get me something if I ask.

Roll over: when he snores.

Play dead: sleeps in front of the tv.

I guess I do have it made.:banana:

Thanks. I also wonder if you are the only one that connected his name to the shotgun.

As far as Tom (I love this man):

Fetch: he will get me something if I ask.

Roll over: when he snores.

Play dead: sleeps in front of the tv.

I guess I do have it made.:banana:

:crackup::crackup::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: