IGNORED

won't start ????

o.k. boys heres what happened. i went to local bike night last night,{yes we do ride in december here in florida} after dinner and social time i got on the bike to go home and ohoh it don' t start. the radioplays but nothing else works.light won't come on bike won't start.any ideas would be helpful.battery is fully charged and only 3 months old.:crying:

Sounds like you might have accidenlty hit the Kill switch..??...or....

the kick Stand was down and it was still in gear......or...

the Kickstand switch went bad on you.....or ...

and most likely........the Ignition switch went out and needs replaced......:confused24:

The Ign switch is bad if your getting the radio but no dash lights and it won't turn over. sounds like its in ACC and not going all the way to the run position internally. Even with the kill switch in the kill position you would have indicator lights lite up on the dash panel.

yes gentlemen. it is the ignition switch. the only problem now is finding one. all of the local yam shops are saying they have to order it and it won't come in till after the 1st of the year at a cost of about $180.00.thank y'all for your help. big red {a.k.a. Chuck }

Guys,

Longtrain told me a while back that there is a weep hole at the base of the ignition that you can get a WD-40 straw into and blow the crap (and junk) out of the contacts.

And when this has ever happened to me, I just played with turning the key from ACC to ON and sometimes it will make contact and the dash will come alive.

Now on the "Temp Fix", I'm thinking about wiring this switch in but using a 30 amp relay that would be triggered by a wire that is hot with the Accessory switch on. Then put the switch on either the hot or ground of the trigger circuit. This would make sure that this starter and ignition circuit would be entergized when the temp switch is on and would go dead when the switch is turned to OFF. And by using a relay like this, you could use a small amp switch.

Hope this helps,

Rick