IGNORED

Driver Licence Renewal

GeorgeS

Just re-newed my licence 2 weeks ago. Item of note:

The Old licence, Endorsment says. " All Motorcycles "

The New licence, Endorsment says. " All 2 wheel Motorcycles "

So, I guess this means if I add a SideCar, or get a 3 wheel rig, I have

to get Re-Licenced --- Hmmmm ????

I will have to look into this, just out of curiosity.

I've been seeing a lot of posts of enclosed 3 wheeled vehicles that are technically motorcycles. Since they are motorcycles I suspect they get to avoid a lot of the regulations that encumber manufacturers of enclosed vehicles that have four wheels.

I was wondering how long until the powers that be get their noose around these vehicles. Seems like your DMV is already moving that way.

"So, I guess this means if I add a SideCar, or get a 3 wheel rig, I have

to get Re-Licenced --- Hmmmm ????"

Some states are doing a trike/sidecar endorsement ( just another way to get your money) you can usually take one of there courses @ 125.00 pop and I also have been told that some states you have to pay additional $ just to have a motorcycle endorsement I wonder if you have to pay twice if you ride a 2 wheel motor with a removable sidecar?

In the Peoples Republic of California, a motorcycle is defined in the vehicle as a "two-wheeled" conveyance. Trikes/sidecars are not motorcycles, and need no special license, nor do they need helmets.

The Governator got into a slight crash 2 years ago on a harley w/a sidecar. Much ado was made of his not having a M/C license, although he was wearing a helmet (as was his kid in the sidecar).

"So, I guess this means if I add a SideCar, or get a 3 wheel rig, I have

to get Re-Licenced --- Hmmmm ????"

Some states are doing a trike/sidecar endorsement ( just another way to get your money) you can usually take one of there courses @ 125.00 pop and I also have been told that some states you have to pay additional $ just to have a motorcycle endorsement I wonder if you have to pay twice if you ride a 2 wheel motor with a removable sidecar?

Yes on the extra charge for MC endorsment, here in Washington. $25 to Renew the licence, and an extra $25 to keep the MC endorsment. I asked why, the nice lady said it was to support State MC the driver training course. Well, thats OK, but I feel the folks takeing the course, should pay the cost themselves. Oh well, I guess its a small price to pay, to be able to ride. I guess its cheaper then hunting licence's. :ignore:

Some of these vehicles with three wheels are completely enclosed. So does that mean that you still have to wear a Helmut? By DMV's definition they are a motorcycle.:confused24:

I would think with the roof being entirely glass on some of those enclosed 3 wheelers and no roll bar around the drivers that it most likely would be a law that you have to wear one..

good question there Skid...

I surely wold not want to wear one if I was in an enclosed object like that..

Up there in Washington these people may be behind the extra charges at the DMV http://www.esc.org/ I found this site a couple of weeks ago while searching for training classes around here.

In my opinion training classes are a Great thing for all riders I had to pay for my own so I could ride on base jut to get to work.I also believe that the cage drivers should be required to have some form of training to help them realize we are out there.But I wont go into that here.

Jeff

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skid viewpost.gif

Some of these vehicles with three wheels are completely enclosed. So does that mean that you still have to wear a Helmut? By DMV's definition they are a motorcycle.:confused24:

I would think with the roof being entirely glass on some of those enclosed 3 wheelers and no roll bar around the drivers that it most likely would be a law that you have to wear one..

good question there Skid...

I surely wold not want to wear one if I was in an enclosed object like that..

Then why don't they make driver/passengers of convertibles wear helmets ? :confused24:

BEER30

:sign67:

Example is Hunting license in VA. Used to be we bought one license. HUNT! Then they passed the "Big Game" Another license. Then we started using bows (archery) OOPS - Another license. Came back to black powder - Wud you believe it - Another license.

So back when - I had a driving license. Drive/ride anything. Then they said I needed an MC endorsement. Initially got it (no charge). Now they charge for the endorsement.

Now we hear it is only for two wheels (some states). You got a trike, oops another endorsement - sidecar, whoopee, another endorsement. MO MONEY!!!

Will it stop? Probably not - when they see additional revenue.

I agree with some taxes when there is a benefit gained. But sometimes enough is enough when it just feeds them SOB politicians greed.

:buttkick: I fear the worst is yet to come.

MIKE aka Uturn

Whatever, I'm all for the Training course, whatever it costs.

However, I strongly feel the Party, takeing the training, should pay for it, in Full. Its a one time deal.

So I'm forking out $5 a year, to pay for other folks Training. At least here in Wa.

This was the 3rd time, I paid the $25 bucks

Oh well, things could get worse then this, and did this morning, the newspaper delivery guy, ran over the Street Light in front of my house.

I just called 911 to report exposed electrical wireing on the sidewalk. Anybody want to take bets that this deal will cost me a few bucks before its over ! Hi HI.

We called the power company, they said , not there concern, we should call the Street Department. We did, recording said call 911. I did ---- I told the nice lady that I was concerned about sombody comeing in contact with exposed wireing !!. She said they would send somebody right out.

Now waiting to see how long that takes. -- Could be awhile, the city is buried under " 2 Inches " of Snow !!! :stirthepot:

Yes on the extra charge for MC endorsment, here in Washington. $25 to Renew the licence, and an extra $25 to keep the MC endorsment. I asked why, the nice lady said it was to support State MC the driver training course. Well, thats OK, but I feel the folks takeing the course, should pay the cost themselves. Oh well, I guess its a small price to pay, to be able to ride. I guess its cheaper then hunting licence's. :ignore:

not in maryland--hunting licence--36.00--with everything encloded--small game -- big game everything 36.00