IGNORED

Aaahhhhh!!! The wind got me.

loehring

This is a first for me. The wind blew the bike over today. I guess the cover acted like a sail. There are small dents on the underside of the crash bars, the passing lamp has a very small dent but no scratches, the rght side of the fairing has some scratches and the right engine guard looks like it's bent up about a half inch. The lower is just out of allign now but not a real problem. I guess I got out of it ok.

Questions, is the fairing the same color all the way through so that I could just buff the minor scratches out without repainting ('07 RSMV) and how hard would it be to bend the engine guard back the half inch? THIS SUCKS!!!!!:bang head:

Those engine guards straighten up easily with a little foot pressure. (Don't ask me how I know that.)

To the best of my knowledge the Fairing is the same color all through. When my bike went down in July the left side took deep scratches/scrapes from the asphalt and the color still showed black.

Hi Chip

The wind here was pretty bad today !! The engine guard should be able to be bent back inplace pretty easy with the use of your foot. The paint on the fairing is pretty thin and if you buff through it you will hit the black ABS plastic behind it.

Your pretty close to me so if you want ride it up to my shop and I'll give you a hand with it. ( atleast its inside and I have heat ) We might be able to touch up the scratches then clear coat the area.

stay dry

Steve

770-630-0973

Thanks guys. Steve that would be awesome. I would love the help on that. I have the Wreaths Across America Ceremony in Milledgeville this weekend and then we're into Christmas week. I'd hate to impose over the holiday. If you have a weekend free in January just let me know and I'll head up there.

Thanks again.

I'm open for having a maint day at my shop if anyone in the area is interested. I have metal straping for the crash bar mod. You just need a few clamps. I did it on my 05 and it worked out great. I pretty much have everything from a welder, bike jack, hand and air tools. 1600 sq. ft. shop.

Sometime in jan. would be good for me to have it here. Anyone want to do this let me know.

Steve 770-630-0973

Steve,

You and I have talked before about having a Maintenance Day at your place, but as I recall, you were concerned about the gravel driveway. Would that still be a concern?

With your support and consent, I would like to propose that we hold the January 2009 North GA M&E at your place and make it a Maintenance Day. We'll meet someplace for breakfast in your area and head over to your place after that. The date would be January 10th (the 2nd Saturday of the month).

Would that work for you? Let me know, and thanks for the consideration...

Terry

Hi Terry

That would work for me having it on the 10th. my drive is gravel but its hard packed and if anyone doesn't want to ride down it they could park at the top of the drive and I can bring the bike down to the shop. I have had a number of bikes up and down the drive without any problems its not that steep.

If you get a chance lets get together before the 10th and you can see what I have over here.

Steve, I'll give you a call when next I'm riding in your area and we'll see if it's a good time for you to have me come over for a visit. You know me well enough by now that any excuse for a ride will do! Thanks for chiming in and making your shop available! It is greatly appreciated.

Chip, January 10th is a confirmed date, not just a tentative one. I'll post a thread in the near future, after Steve and I have a chance to work out some details, so that everybody has lots of advance notice.

Terry

Well I got my 2009 weekend work schedule and guess what?

Jan.10th is my first weekend of the year..:doh: So unless the scheduled

aircraft don't come in, I won't be able to attend the Mini maint.get together!!

I'm hoping they cancel, so I can be there... The bad thing is I won't know

till the night before!

Hey,

Fairly new to this site but really enjoying it, maybe to much? I was wondering if there was any sort of organized thing going on for the Georgia contingent. I this thing your discussing an open invite deal? I really don't have a need for any specific maintenance at this time but would like to get to know some of the other members here when possible and I do enjoy meals. Anyway let me know and I will check the calander, I live in Woodstock and have a '98 RSTD.

Thanks.

Hey,

Fairly new to this site but really enjoying it, maybe to much? I was wondering if there was any sort of organized thing going on for the Georgia contingent. I this thing your discussing an open invite deal? I really don't have a need for any specific maintenance at this time but would like to get to know some of the other members here when possible and I do enjoy meals. Anyway let me know and I will check the calander, I live in Woodstock and have a '98 RSTD.

Thanks.

Good Evening, Norm!

I know that I sent you a Private Message invitation to the November M&E and I thought that I had also sent you a "Welcome" message when you first came onto the Forum.

Just so you know, and to answer your question above, we have a North GA M&E every month, always scheduled for the 2nd Saturday of the month (occasionally subject to change, however!). I post a thread on the Forum in advance of the next event with all the details for that particular get-together and usually send a PM, as well, time allowing.

I hope you will join us whenever you can. To that end, please mark the 2nd Saturdays on your favorite calendar now, so you won't forget! I'll be posting the thread for the January event (Maintenance Day at Steve Wagner's) very soon, so be on the lookout for that info.

Kindest Regards,

Terry

Hi Terry

That would work for me having it on the 10th. my drive is gravel but its hard packed and if anyone doesn't want to ride down it they could park at the top of the drive and I can bring the bike down to the shop. I have had a number of bikes up and down the drive without any problems its not that steep.

If you get a chance lets get together before the 10th and you can see what I have over here.

I'm in I could bring a bike trailer load of 1st gen parts and maybe a spinach dip or something.

I'm gonna try to Slide out of work as early as I can that day and head up there. I'm getting tired of missing these things! And it'll be great to see everybody.

Are you gonna post your address, Steve? Actually that may not be a good idea, posting your addy on the web. Send me a pm with it, if you don't mind, so I can plug it in my GPS.

Hey, Norm, it'll be good to see you again and I think you'll really enjoy this group. BTW, as I recall, I warned you that this site is addictive.

Edited by 86er

Hi Todd

Hope you can make it. I don't mind anyone stoping by from this group anytime for a visit.

My address is 31 Briarwood Dr. Cleveland Ga. 30528 for anyone that wants to punch it into their GPS.

Pudycat03

Being your crash bar is attached to the lower fairing. I would loosen the guard from the fairing before trying to straighten it out so you don't crack the fairing.

I'll pickup some 1 inch steel from a friend of mine if anyone wants to do the mod to the crash bars while they are here. All you will need to bring are 2 -1 inch clamps to go around the bars. ( I think they are 1 inch I'll have to recheck on the size )