IGNORED

Got me a bit** to take her place

dharnie

Is that like never ever again or talk to me about it next year sometime? That would be a bummer if she stopped all together. (In which case, I am really sorry to hear that...for her and you.......I would understand it, but it would still be a bummer)

On the other hand, pooch isn't gonna complain about your driving or the extra DQ stops!

Even though I have purchased the SSR since they totaled my 08 wing I still want another bike. But after two accidents (not my fault) in one year, and quadruple bypass surgery in between, I figured I should lay off for awhile. I was talking with the wife last night and mentioned I really wanted another bike. She said," If you get another motorcycle I think I would have to leave you. I just don't want to get another call like the two I've received, or worse. Yes, I would leave !"

Now I know there are some out there saying, "YES", get the bike. But after 39 years my love for my wife far exceeds my love for motorcycles. She is probably saving my life, with the luck I've been having !!!!

Let me tell you about my dog B.B.

My dog BB (BB for Biker b*t*h) became mine while visiting my son down in Thomaston, Ga. My son and his wife had found a female brindle puppy and thinking her cute took her home to discover puppies can become a job in short order. So when I arrived they suckered me into taking care and possesion of this new unwanted dog. But getting her home at first seemed a problem since I was visiting on the bike. I ended up wrapping her in a towel an loosely restraining her to the tank cover between my legs with a bungee net.

We took off a little after dark for the two hour ride back to Atlanta on a night I remember as bitter cold on the bike. And for some reason which I can not remember or did not know there was a traffic gridlock on I75 south of Atlanta forcing me on a cross country backroad route that made the two hour trip a four hour trip. BB did well on the ride though and seemed at the time to take to motorcycling. For the entire ride I kept thinking how cool it would be to train her to ride with me as my motorcycle riding canine mascott. My friend Scott had a Black Lab that loved to ride on the back of his Goldwing and rode with with him wherever he went. I figured if a black lab could do it so could a female brindle pit/terrier/mixed/mongral/dingo something or other.

When we arrived home, I lovingly carried her to the back yard where she would live, to introduce her to her new dog family consisting of two female beagles, Miss Dee and Lucy Lou, and the male retarded beagle, Buster Brown, who was also a cast off by my youngest son. They all got along famously and took to each other right away becoming fast friends. So while making her a warm and comfortable bed I decided on the name of Biker B*T*H or B.B. for short and for those times when she would need a more politically correct handle.

The next day I went straight to Pets R Us to load up on new dog necessities such as a collar, a new leash, a water bowl, a food bowl, her own chew toys, her own dog bed, a puppy size leather aviators cap and googles and a puppy size leather fur lined aviators jacket. The cap, goggles and Jacket I felt were absolutely a must have, and well worth the c-note they cost considering her intended occupation as a motorcyclist sidekick. Unfortunately my foresight did not include the fact she was a puppy and would out grow them in about two weeks. I managed to get out of the local Pets R Us for just under $300 but, seeing her in her new cap, goggles and leather jacket was priceless for as long as they lasted.

As part of her motorcycle riding training I tried to take her for a ride in the truck one day with the window partially down to see if she would enjoyed sticking here head in the wind to condition her for motorcycle riding. Instead she just lay in the floorboard shaking like she was caught by the dog catcher and on the way to doggy jail. Figuring she didn't like riding much I returned to the house where she lept from the truck as soon as I opened the door and bee lined it to her dog house in her own back yard behind the safe fence gate.

She never did take to motorcycling and to this day will not leave the comfort and security of the back yard even when the gate is left open. Unlike the three beagles that high tailed it for other parts first chance they got.

Just thought I'd share.

Even though I have purchased the SSR since they totaled my 08 wing I still want another bike. But after two accidents (not my fault) in one year, and quadruple bypass surgery in between, I figured I should lay off for awhile. I was talking with the wife last night and mentioned I really wanted another bike. She said," If you get another motorcycle I think I would have to leave you. I just don't want to get another call like the two I've received, or worse. Yes, I would leave !"

Now I know there are some out there saying, "YES", get the bike. But after 39 years my love for my wife far exceeds my love for motorcycles. She is probably saving my life, with the luck I've been having !!!!

Wow, thats tough.

I can understand where you coming from. My wife won't ride till my last kid is in college....he's 17. I am not sure she will even at that point and I am not sure I want her to.

She might take the fun out of it:225: