IGNORED

Can you see in the rain?

eazyduzzit

dawn dish washing detergent mixed at about 1% with water and applied to back of windshield, rubbed in real good and allow to dry without rinsing will stop the windshield from fogging on the backside. Works good on the front side too until the rain washes it off.
I used whatever liquid dish soap that was available to clear fogging off the inside of the wheelhouse windows on my boat. Usually after it fogged up, wipe it down once, while still damp apply soap to a cloth and rub till it was dry. I don't know if that is a 1% solution but it worked for a few days. It may not be a very convenient solution for a bike windshield though as it could be worn off before it's needed.

The windshield on my Virago is set at about the level of my lips which allows me to see the road at about 25 feet with no significant buffeting at the helmet. I ride with the face shield up except when it is raining, as opposed to a light drizzle, then I lower the face shield to just above my line of sight which adequately protects my eyeglasses from almost all water drops. It appears most of the raindrops go over my head with only the occasional heavier ones getting caught by the face shield.

While riding in the rain, visibility isn't that much of a problem except for glare off the windshield and the face shield. Just read a thread on here where it was stated that sunglasses helped. My helmet has an internal sun visor so I'll be giving that a try.

Insured the Virago a couple of days ago. Whoo-Hoo! :cool10: Will probably get the opportunity to do a lot of riding in the rain now.

Polish with what? I have tried car wax on my windshield, but it seems to make it worse in the fog.

Rainx works best I think.... I have used Pledge and it works well. Rainx is advertising now that is is ok to use on plastics... I use it on my windshield and visor.... not my glasses!

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2009/cup/nhms2/1rainx-nhms2-lside.jpg

Rainx works best I think.... I have used Pledge and it works well. Rainx is advertising now that is is ok to use on plastics... I use it on my windshield and visor.... not my glasses!

For it to be safe on plastics they had to leave something out that caused the crazing on the plastic. It was barely effective on glass before, the way it was.

As long as I keep my stock windshield & visor clean and polished with some Pledge, I don't have much of a problem seeing in the rain. At highway speeds the rain just beads right off. At slower speeds I have to wipe my visor off though, or shake my head. The part I don't like is when the rain gets over the windshield and onto the backside of it. That happens to my visor as well sometimes.

It's the heavy wet snow I hate the worst! It doesn't bead off like rain.

Rain-X is OK on some plastics, but will ruin many stock Plexiglas screens. It is OK to use on Clearview screens, but even they recommend not using it.

I use non-lemon pledge or plexus. non-lemon, because lemon Pledge sometimes attracts bees.