Guest raglandjeanie

Guest raglandjeanie

hi to all,this is lil-bit(jeanie)& chips(george},we would like to know if any one ,has been to dodge city ks.:think:

what did you think if it,:think:we are planning to go :7_6_3[1]:west this year to sturgis for the rally.:happy34:we have been out west before,but never on the bike.we want to go to the best places.:thumbsup:please write me back thanks. be safe:biker:

How far West are you going to go..Ive been to Dodge City...Well,there are ALOT of Stockyards..And..Cattle..Im sure I missed something??Now if going farther west I will be glad to direct you to some fantastic places! Tom

Been to Ks and made a promise to myself that I will either fly over, dig under, or go around Kansas, but I will NEVER ride through Ks again...

The dang birds fly upside down over Ks, cause there aint nothing to poop on..........

Eck is right about the ride through Kansas. Lots of straight....flat roads where you can see for miles and miles. You will never forget the fragrance of the feed lots as you are enjoying all of that fresh air. I enjoyed Dodge City and we camped in a camp ground on the west side of town. There is not a lot to see there and one visit was enough......been there done that now. Make sure you take the time to go to Ft. Dodge, KS while you are there. It is just a few miles to the east of Dodge City.

Been to Ks and made a promise to myself that I will either fly over, dig under, or go around Kansas, but I will NEVER ride through Ks again...

The dang birds fly upside down over Ks, cause there aint nothing to poop on..........

AMEN....Eck ! Been there and one thing for sure, no one is going to run off the road in a curve...:whistling: never found a curve. Straight flat and .........well the bulls do stink a bit.

BREEZE

Guest raglandjeanie

i just loved the way you all told me about ks.you are so right,i don"t think we want to stop there.thanks again on your input.lil-bit:ice_thy-vi101212101

Well, I beg to differ - just a li'l bit. These folks just passed through Kansas and, though my riding experience is somewhat limited, it's all been here in Kansas and I'm loving it! If you're passing through from the east and take the time, you could ride through the Flint Hills, which is considered pretty nice in these parts. Also, the road heading west out of Medicine Lodge, though pretty straight, is all hills (called the Gypsum Hills) for about 60 miles with some pretty good western vistas. Both areas, as well as others, are listed in this web site:

Motorcycle Roads & Trips - The Best US Motorcycle Rides & Routes

You can find some nice rides here if you look for them and string a few together as you cross the state. Not as nice as other places, I'm sure, but I haven't gotten to them yet.:)

BTW, I'm not in the habit of defending the honor of Kansas - I'm from Florida - but this is where I ride.

I've been there several times, most recently in May. Took a Route 66 trip from Mo to Tucumcari, NM and then came back on 54. Dodge is not far off that route. The ONLY thing of note in DCity is the "Old Dodge" area. Its mostly a tourist trap that takes about 2 hours to see. The "Longhorn Saloon" as in Miss Kitty's is authentic looking. It has 3 or 4 authentic buildings and a steam locomotive.

Other than that and a few good eateries, not much there. I have a few photos of it if you want to see them. PM me.

Well, I beg to differ - just a li'l bit. These folks just passed through Kansas and, though my riding experience is somewhat limited, it's all been here in Kansas and I'm loving it! If you're passing through from the east and take the time, you could ride through the Flint Hills, which is considered pretty nice in these parts. Also, the road heading west out of Medicine Lodge, though pretty straight, is all hills (called the Gypsum Hills) for about 60 miles with some pretty good western vistas. Both areas, as well as others, are listed in this web site:

Motorcycle Roads & Trips - The Best US Motorcycle Rides & Routes

You can find some nice rides here if you look for them and string a few together as you cross the state. Not as nice as other places, I'm sure, but I haven't gotten to them yet.:)

BTW, I'm not in the habit of defending the honor of Kansas - I'm from Florida - but this is where I ride.

I agree with you, Flint Hills have nice roads, and the Medicine Lodge area too. Only portion of Kansas I have found boring was Goodland area. I grew up in Kansas, so kind of partial to Kansas and the Jayhawks. :bighug: