IGNORED

Speed Bleeders

AlbertaClipper

I'm looking to order a set of speed bleeders for my 2nd Gen. Is the clutch bleed screw the same size as the brake bleed screws? And are the brake bleed screws M8X1.25"? I could, I suppose, pull them and compare them but I would like to only have to pull them once...this winter:)

On the 1st gen, they are the same, M8x1.25.... I don't know about the 2nd gen, but one would think, they would use the same size.:2cents:

hi hope you are having a great day.

for your 2' gen you will need 2-sb8125's (1-is for the rear brake caliper ) & the other one is for the clutch slave cylinder.

for the front you will need 2-sb7100 real easy to install and use. you may have to remove thr lt. rear cylinder cover to get to the clutch cylinder a little easyer. also do not throw away the little rubber square that covers the oem bleeder you will reuse it later.

good luck

best reguards

don c.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to replace all 5 of the bleeder valves on my 88 VR but I don't know if they are all the same part number. I saw a post a while back referencing this and now I can't find it(should have wrote the part number down when I saw it I know) and the web site doesn't show 1st gens. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks for all your help and I hope everyone had a Happy Turkey Day.

Hey Marvin,

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. The First Gens. use the Part Number 8125L on the brakes and the clutch as well as the bleeder up by the Handlebars. The 8125 is the stock length and the 8125L is a bit longer. The 8125L sure makes it easier to work with, and on the rear caliper it was really great. They are the same price, So to recap, the 8125 is the length you have now and the 8125L will be longer. You might want to check for clearance before ordering. Here's a link to tthe Speed Bleeder web site:

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/

Hope this helps,:080402gudl_prv:

Earl