IGNORED

What's the coldest?

JoeFab

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it looks like the road in your pictures were covered with black ice! :shock3:

You are right! It's ice! :scared:Somtime after we started up the pass the chain law went into effect (chains only). :sign02: We had solid ice at the top of the pass for about 2 miles. And just in case your wondering NOPE I dont want to do it again! :thumbdown: It took us about 3 hours to go 16 miles in snow and slush. Makes for a great story, but once is enough.

Gene

I think it was 3 years ago, we went on a trip to Oktoberfest in Helen, GA the last week of October. The night we arrived, the temperature had dipped to 12 degrees and there was a 15 to 20 mph wind. As I recall, they said the wind chill factor made it -2 degrees. It was definitely colddddddd!! :cold:

Hey Snarley Bill,

You had a 305 scrambler? I had one when I was in high school. I think it was a 1967 year model. I loved that bike. It was metallic bronze. I took the piece off the pipes where the two pipes came into one. I just had 2 single pipes. The back fender was bobbed. It was a bad bike until a girl turned left in front of me one day. I hit the car behind the rear window and rolled over on the trunk and fell on the pavement. I was lucky I didn't get killed or hurt rear bad but it totaled the bike. It scared my dad so bad that he wouldn't let me get another motorcycle. It was about 15 years later before I got another bike.

You musta met my dad, that was one of his favourite sayings.....:rotfl::rotfl:

Brian

Glad to give you a grin, Brian. Your dad sounds like a wise man :happy34:

Seriously, I'm riding my first bike with the '87 and I got it in September so the coldest I've ridden in (so far) is 38. I plan on riding as much as I can this winter, conditions permitting, so I may be able to report single digits in a couple of months.

For me, the only thing that get's really cold is my hands. My gear works very well in the cold except my gloves. Might have to look into the heated type because I don't think they make a glove that will keep your hands warm on a bike.

If you can find them,pick up a set of "Hippo Hands".

They fit over your handle bars and are fleece lined.You can wear a lighter glove and they work very well...:happy34:

I rode up to the snowmobile races in Luck,Wi. one winter..25degrees on the way up Friday and -10 degrees on the way home Sunday nite......:doh:

Pretty hard to shift the bike wearing snowmobile boots....

Edited by IH Truck Guy
Misspelled word