IGNORED

That darn idot light!!!!

I posted a problem I am having with my 83 Venture awhile back but haven't found a cure. The brake warning light is displaying at times. In the morning when it's cool (40's lately) it usually doesn't come on. In the afternoon after sitting in the sun it comes on within a half a mile. When I hit a bump it sometimes comes on. I have checked the brake fluid, etc. No problem there. I think it is a bad wiring connection or something along that line. So my question is: How do I unhook this so it doesn't come on anymore?

P.S. you don't spell "idiot" like I did in the title above.

Ronnie

I posted a problem I am having with my 83 Venture awhile back but haven't found a cure. The brake warning light is displaying at times. In the morning when it's cool (40's lately) it usually doesn't come on. In the afternoon after sitting in the sun it comes on within a half a mile. When I hit a bump it sometimes comes on. I have checked the brake fluid, etc. No problem there. I think it is a bad wiring connection or something along that line. So my question is: How do I unhook this so it doesn't come on anymore?

P.S. you don't spell "idiot" like I did in the title above.

Ronnie

I had that happen on my 86VR....I found that the rubber liner under the cap of the handlebar resevoir was distorted and must have pushed down on the float causing the brake icon to come on...After getting the liner correctly reshaped and adding a little brake fluid the problem was cured....

I had that happen on my 86VR....I found that the rubber liner under the cap of the handlebar resevoir was distorted and must have pushed down on the float causing the brake icon to come on...After getting the liner correctly reshaped and adding a little brake fluid the problem was cured....

That also happened to my '83, only it was the rear gasket/baffle that was holding the float down again the sensor. The reserve is a PITA to get to, so I took a bent piece of coat hanger and lifted the baffle portion up a bit. Problem solved. I know I didn't get it folded back up perfectly, but good enough to get rid of the sporadic warning light.