IGNORED

Kawasaki Voyager....1 persons review

Who Dey

And y'all like to poke at second gens for being slow (which is another whole debate and myth itself). You want to really be slow, get something with a V twin in it. Our V4s are just starting to wake up right about the time a V twin is signing off. A V twin has to have 400 more cubes to make eight less horse. I call that a weak engine design, and outdated too. I don't ever want to own anything with a V twin in it. I'd rather have an inline four. But hey, to each his own. "It's not about the speed, it's about the style." That's what some say, those who don't have any horsepower.

"A V twin is the most efficient machine ever made for turning gasoline into noise, without the side effect of producing any horsepower." That's what I say.

Tell that to the Ducati guys! The Big 4 are still having a hek of a time trying to get their inline 4's to keep up or pass the Vtwins of the Ducati's. It used to be that a 4-stroke MX bike was a joke, not enough power, too heavy, etc. Now, they have all by replaced the 2 strokes, and probably will completely soon. Engines are not like they used to be.

Surprised to hear all the anti v-twin talk. I had a RSV from 99-03. I traded it for a Vulcan 1500. After riding a v-twin with a set of Cobra pipes I'm not really sure I want to go back to a non-twin bike. The sound of a good v-twin is VERY intoxicating.

Tell that to the Ducati guys! The Big 4 are still having a hek of a time trying to get their inline 4's to keep up or pass the Vtwins of the Ducati's. It used to be that a 4-stroke MX bike was a joke, not enough power, too heavy, etc. Now, they have all by replaced the 2 strokes, and probably will completely soon. Engines are not like they used to be.

Basically you're right about Ducati and other such V2 Bikes. But these Motors aren't Twins and they are made for big HP and they have a Way smaller Displacement than the V2 we're talking here. But you need to Rev them close to a Inline4 Engine to have them on Power. Torque isn't bad at all, but not compareable to a V4 Engine because where the Ducati has it's Peak, a V4 will be somewhere above the lowest Point of teh Curve. Ask Casey Stoner what he thinks about his MotoGP Ducati with a V4 Engine. They have had to tame the Motor a Lot to get it rideable. But again, we're not talking Racers here, this is a whole different World. And btw ... do you know a Ducati Bike with more than 20 000 mls on the Odo and without major Overhaul of the Engine ? If so, either the Rider don't ride it they Way it's supposed to or he's lying. I know some Ducati Freaks, but even they admit that the Motors won't hold up long enough to see 25000 mls in the Odo.