IGNORED

eek theres a Texas flag in my corner !

Thom

well i never thought i'd see it but i guess i am going to have learn texen , i think i have a good start , i open doors for the ladies and try not to be rude , but i am getting funny looks when i am riding , could it be the t shirt , shorts and topsiders shoes ? got asked where i am from , said outside Daytona than i was asked what state is that in ? here snowbirds are not called snowbrids they are called winter Texens , i think that is cool . i think i am going to like it here but i need to find the hill country it is flater here than Fla. ! and every sharp turn has a stop sign . well a least i will not freeze .

Thom

I've only been to Texas a few times, but once we where in Amarillo. Darn good steak. But just south of there is a massive canyon. The largest in Texas I think. That was a great place to visit and take in the sights. And try to chase a road runner so we could get a photograph. We lost.

I've also spent time down in Corpus. Go visit the island.

i am glad gas is getting cheaper $2.65 today , i plan to ride every wk end , i am going looking for that canyon , i think i have ridden in it in the 70's but not sure is it on us 90 ?

Thom

I had to pull up Google Earth. Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo along I-27 south.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Palo+Duro+Canyon,tx&ie=UTF8&ll=34.994848,-101.675034&spn=0.152438,0.322037&t=h&z=12&iwloc=F

Guest BigJohnD

Heck everyone wants to be a Texican at some point in their life...you are just getting a chance for real. But I heard is said best...and it may apply to you..."just cause the cat had kittens in the oven...doesn't mean we call them biscuts".

Hill country is just west of San Antonio...good luck on the ride. Had a buddy wipe out on that little circuit. He is fine, just banged up a bit.

Then there is a place in Snook, Texas, north east out of Austin, that sells chicken fried bacon on the menu...dude, you gotta get up there and let me know if it is worth the ride.

Guest tx2sturgis

Just a big hole in the ground. :happy34:

But, unlike the other one, over in Arizona, you can actually RIDE your scoot down into this one. The park roads have speed limits of 30mph if memory serves, but thats ok, because the scenery is worth a look.

Of course, nearby is the town of Athens Texas. Home of the famous Venture Stampede. The fun starts next weekend at the Quality Inn. About 2 hours east of Dallas. Up 281 you will find me, Sappermedic, BillP, BuddyRich, BigShell, Tom, and the entrance to hill country. Tom is in Blanco, a good place to start. BillP is on the NW side of San Antonio. Glad to have you around. Oh, HipShot and Rattlesnake are near you around Victoria/Refugio.

JB

i am glad gas is getting cheaper $2.65 today , i plan to ride every wk end , i am going looking for that canyon , i think i have ridden in it in the 70's but not sure is it on us 90 ?

Thom

Thom,

That canyon you are looking for is around 800 miles north of Rockport, good thing gas is getting cheaper.

well i never thought i'd see it but i guess i am going to have learn texen , i think i have a good start , i open doors for the ladies and try not to be rude , but i am getting funny looks when i am riding , could it be the t shirt , shorts and topsiders shoes ? got asked where i am from , said outside Daytona than i was asked what state is that in ? here snowbirds are not called snowbrids they are called winter Texens , i think that is cool . i think i am going to like it here but i need to find the hill country it is flater here than Fla. ! and every sharp turn has a stop sign . well a least i will not freeze .

Thom

WELCOME to my "stompin grounds, thom!

rockport is just about 55 miles south of me, i think.

got a brother, (bisquit) in Corpus christi, and another one in refugio, (rattlesnake).

if ya need a riding partner, let one of them know!

oh by the way, they both just got a year older.

Don , on the 9th, and Ron , on the 10th!

just jt

Thom,welcome to come up to my place just north of San antonio sometime..i am right in some of the best riding in Texas,Blanco,Texas ,every direction you go is great riding from here. Try and make it to Athens Tx if you can,I will be arriving around noon Saturday. Tom