IGNORED

Ronald McDonald House...............

DragonRider

I know some folks here have been assisted by Ronald McDonald House and St. Jude Children's Hospital. On this upcoming trip the folks at St. Jude have arranged for us to have a tour of the RD House across the street from St. Jude. This house only houses patients that are being treated by the hospital, and are put up there for however long it takes for the patients to receive their treatments, and they are housed free of charge. This is a fantastic service that is being performed by both orginizations for those that are not able to pay for the care they need to conquer this dreaded disease. I am looking forward to seeing the RD House.

I dont know if many of you know the history behind St. Jude Hospital. It was founded by Danny Thomas in 1962 to treat and try to find a cure for cancer, especially children that are stricken by this dreaded disease. The families pay nothing for the treatment and care provided by the Hospital. St. Jude doesnt have many patients that stay in the hospital for any longer that it takes for them to recieve their daily treatments, so RD house is one of the many facilities that provides temporary housing, free of charge, for those patients and their families while they recieve their treatment.

Danny Thomas in no longer with us, but his legacy is still being carried on by his childern and their families. Marlo Thomas (That Girl from the tv sitcom some time back) is the main spokesperson for the hospital, but the whole family is on the board.

So if anyone wants to join us this coming Saturday, Oct. 18, we will be meeting in W. Memphis, Arkansas, for lunch at the Flying J Truck Plaza between 11:00-12:00. From there we will be taking a short ride over to Memphis, Tn. to present the donations raised by "Inked for St. Jude" that was initiated by Squidley and Sleeperhawks Mechanic, and as an added bonus they will be showing off their tats, which were the impetus behind the fund raising............So come on out for some fun, fellowship, good food and a great experience that will leave you with a great feeling of accomplishment in these troubled times.

anyone that does'nt come will be missing one of the neatest meet and eats of all times. the only reason it won't be as nice as it was last year is i will miss my good buddy Mean Dog. last time i got to see and talk with him. i'm sure he will be there this year too, watching over us. hope to see a record bunch for this event. bill :):):)

Another part that most people don't know about is what St. Judes does for children of parents that have cancer. When my kids mom was diagnosed with cancer several years back I was trying to figure out a way to explain it to them in terms they could understand. I checked with local resources but couldn't find anything appropriate for their ages. I finally though of St. Judes and gave them a call. They spent lots of time talking with me and helping me find ways to explain to my children what was going on. They sent material, such as coloring books and reading books, specific to each one of the kid's age and included a note to each one of them. Throughout the next 8 months they called every so often just to check on us and to see how the kids where doing and to help answer any questions they had. When my wife passed away they sent cards to the children individually.

Because of the support of St. Judes my children were able to understand what was happening to their mother and were not afraid when things like lossing her hair started to occur. The folks there are people who truly care about children and how they not only beat cancer, but how they deal with it as a family as well.

As a recipient of this care and concern they show each and every day I have to say thanks to all of you for the support you are showing to St. Judes. They really do make a difference every day and in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

Lewis,

The Ronald McDonald house sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. I want to put something in perspective though, Bobbie and I haven't got our Tattoos yet as there hasn't been enough time for us to make that happen with them on vacation and just making the minimum so late in the drive.

We are working on having the ceremony of getting on Nov 8th in NC. This isn't in stone yet, but is what we are working on. I dont want to give any conflicting info to folks and just wanted to be sure that folks know what is in the works. Definitely no foul, but we dont have the ink yet...more on that to come :happy34:

Thank you again my friend for all your tireless efforts with all of this, it is GREATLY appreciated :)

Well I guess that means we will have to have a ride to the site of the event to see you and Bobbie get stuck with needles............Sounds like fun, watching somebody else suffer...........:crying::crying:

Lewis,

The Ronald McDonald house sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. I want to put something in perspective though, Bobbie and I haven't got our Tattoos yet as there hasn't been enough time for us to make that happen with them on vacation and just making the minimum so late in the drive.

We are working on having the ceremony of getting on Nov 8th in NC. This isn't in stone yet, but is what we are working on. I dont want to give any conflicting info to folks and just wanted to be sure that folks know what is in the works. Definitely no foul, but we dont have the ink yet...more on that to come :happy34:

Thank you again my friend for all your tireless efforts with all of this, it is GREATLY appreciated :)

I would like to thank all of you once again. Mean Dog will be with you all on the 18th. Just sorry I want be able to join in all the fun. Sounds great. Going to my parents house Tuesday night after I take the rugrats home. My daddy had the port put in Friday(10th) along with needing a unit of blood. First chemo treatment will be 15th at 8am. Will be there with him and mama. Continue to pray as I know all of you will. Also, be sure to let me know what the tattoo is going to be.

Your family is in our prayers as always, we will miss you, but we know the Dog will be there in spirit.

I would like to thank all of you once again. Mean Dog will be with you all on the 18th. Just sorry I want be able to join in all the fun. Sounds great. Going to my parents house Tuesday night after I take the rugrats home. My daddy had the port put in Friday(10th) along with needing a unit of blood. First chemo treatment will be 15th at 8am. Will be there with him and mama. Continue to pray as I know all of you will. Also, be sure to let me know what the tattoo is going to be.

sorry i won't be able to meet you. linda and i will be praying for your dad. bill