IGNORED

Dunlop Elite 3's for the fronts

Has anyone in the group tried mounting Dunlop's E3 size MT90HB16 on their Venture or RSTD? I originally was going to purchase a Dunlop for my ride but they were back ordered until Oct. from Ron Ayers ( I needed the tire in early Sept.) so I went with the Avon Venom. Anyways should I try the Dunlop on the RSTD or should I stay with the Avon Venom AM41?

Dave:confused07:

Has anyone in the group tried mounting Dunlop's E3 size MT90HB16 on their Venture or RSTD? I originally was going to purchase a Dunlop for my ride but they were back ordered until Oct. from Ron Ayers ( I needed the tire in early Sept.) so I went with the Avon Venom. Anyways should I try the Dunlop on the RSTD or should I stay with the Avon Venom AM41?

Dave:confused07:

I put the the Dunlop E III on front and back on my 99 RSV at 23,000 just replaced the rear last month at 37,000 with a Avon Venom. The front still has a little tread left will change it during the winter down time to a Avon. I liked the E IIIs if the venoms dont wear as good as the E IIIs I will go back to them.

John

here is an e-mail I recieved from dunlop when I e-mailed them and made an inquiry about a front tire for my 1st gen

Ben -

Thank you for the additional information. We are sorry to inform you that

we are unable to bring this tire to the market at this time. As you

probably already know, Dunlop maintains the highest standards of product

performance are we are not satisfied with the performance of this tire on

the older bikes which use this tire size. We will continue to develop this

tire, but unfortunately, it will not be available for this summer's riding

season. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation

I have stock size E3 front and rear. Over 7500 miles, cannot visibly see any wear. No traction problems, but I am moderately cautious in the rain. Silent in a straight line, but noise increases as lean angle increases. Very noisy in the twisties.

Sorry, know that does not answer your question on running the smaller than stoch tire.

• 2 months later...