IGNORED

Garmin GPS V

kilowatt55

If anyone is using one of these have you recently had problems with the unit dieing and having to open battery door to get it to work again. I have one and it did this last year about this time and it's done it again this year. I first thought the unit was going out but when I returned home and talked with my brotherinlaw his did the same thing and my nephew also had the same problem about the same time and now we are all having the same problem again.

If anyone is using one of these have you recently had problems with the unit dieing and having to open battery door to get it to work again. I have one and it did this last year about this time and it's done it again this year. I first thought the unit was going out but when I returned home and talked with my brotherinlaw his did the same thing and my nephew also had the same problem about the same time and now we are all having the same problem again.

I haven't had your experience with my GPS V. In fact it has been in a drawer for the past 3 years with batteries in it, and your post prompted me to take out and turn it on--it still works. Gotta love those Duracell batteries. :bowdown: