IGNORED

Shock Squeaking???

After my accident, I've noticed a sometimes annoying squeaking in what sounds to be coming from the rear shock on my 07 Venture. Is this a common ailment or is it something serious where I shouldn't ride the bike. The bike handles like it's on rails so I haven't noticed any difference in that area.

TIA,

Eddie

hi eddy

rick buter had a post about the oem shock doing the same thing. i belive he said to remove the valve core from the shock and to inject a mix of 1/2 oz 40w shock oil and a 1/2 oz of syn. tranny fluid to the rear shock to lube the upper half of the rsv rear shock.

best reguards

donc.

This is not uncommon - it often starts 6 months to a year before the shock dies, and it is especially common on cold mornings. If you don't already know, the rear shock is a major weak point on this bike, often going out as early as 7,000 - 10,000 miles. It has been modified twice on the second gen with little improvement. My first one died around 17,000 miles, but the replacement is still working at 54,000, despite some honking on cold mornings for the past year.

Just ride it and keep an eye out for any sign of oil on the bottom of the shock. When you see that, take it in for free replacement. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose