IGNORED

Caution about Venturerider Cups

Gray Ghost

I know that none of you will do this, but just in case.

On Monday I left the house heading for Ft Bragg in NC. I had a cup of coffee in my wonderful Venturerider cup, and it worked just great. Along the way at one of my stops I grabbed a Coke and candy bar. Not wanting to throw away the left over Coke, I rinsed the cup and put the Coke in the cup. About ten miles up the road I heard a LOUD pop and saw a quick movement out of the corner of my eye. After I adjusted my mind to the new color of my pants I pulled to the side. The pop up top had been totally blown loose by the pressure build up from the carbonation of the Coke. Fortunately the pieces did not fly off and I was able to just push them back down. Now if only the laundry was that easy.

DON'T PUT CARBONATED BEVERAGES IN YOUR VENTURERIDER CUP!!!!!

I use my Venturerider cup exclusively for soda. I have found that if you close the pop-up feature when the soda is fresh and topped off, it will build pressure so you can't push down the button. IN that case I have learned just to leave the top open till I take a couple drinks and am a few miles down the road. Never had it "POP" or come apart. I just unscrew the main lid a bit to relieve pressure.

Mine has kept ice in it for more than 12 hours on an 85 degree day!

I love mine, and soda isn't a problem as long as you realize the pressure thing.