Yesterday we went for a short ride. I noticed that I would feel what I call "hard bumps" from the rear of the bike that I didn't feel from the front. Almost like I would run over something with the front tire and not feel it, but would feel it from the rear of the bike. I had 70 lbs. in the rear shock and the rebound is set on #2. Is it possible for the shock to be bad and still have that much air press. in it? I haven't been riding much this summer but seem to remember one other time that this happened, but upon checking the air press. then it was down between 40-50 lbs. and it went away when I increased the press. Haven't noticed any oil under the bike in the shock area, but haven't gotten down and really looked.

Any info, help will be appreciated.

Don H.

Don,

What I would 1st suggest is to take all the air out of the shock and refill it. Also move the damper knob to differnt settings. If you have a problem after that I would suggest you might start looking for a rear shock. Matter of fact I have one and I'll send it to you just in case ( I have your addy)

i talked with don, for about a half hour, today, and he told me that he couldn't turn his "preload damper "adjustment past #2. he said all he gets is 1 or 2. could someone have put the knob on 180 degrees out?

i think these knobs only click 4 times, and then you have to turn the opposite direction.in other words , they will not spin 360 degrees. am i right about this?

just jt

I have the same problems with hard bumps while riding two-up. I thought about changing to a progressive rear shock this winter. I tried changing the damper adjustment and the air, but no luck...... the good thing my wife said the last time that she can't wait till I get a new bike.:biker:

i talked with don, for about a half hour, today, and he told me that he couldn't turn his "preload damper "adjustment past #2. he said all he gets is 1 or 2. could someone have put the knob on 180 degrees out?

i think these knobs only click 4 times, and then you have to turn the opposite direction.in other words , they will not spin 360 degrees. am i right about this?

just jt

That is correct JT, could be an issue with that dampener. I'm planning on sending one down south here in the next day or 2.