IGNORED

Way to go Earl

davepa

O.K. guys and gals I wasn't going to say anything about this...to anybody, I don't think second place is all that big a deal. I will say that the "roar in the mountains" was a great event! Both Jean and myself had a great time, met a lot of great people and got some really good riding in. There was really good food,(my personal fav!) and live music both nights. There were bikes of EVERY type and style. I entered the bike contest as a lark and was really suprised when they made such a fuss over my bike. The winner of my class (antique, asian) was a 1979 honda 750 that looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor! Needless to say the old guy who owned it brought it there in an enclosed trailer and to my knowledge the bike never ran the whole time Jean and I were there. Not even to load it on the trailer. I thought bringing my daily driver there was a really long shot! I have attached some pics of some of the better looking bikes. Like I said the winning part caught us both off guard and Jean doesn't know squat about our digital camera. The trophy is off to the engraver and I promise I will have Jean take a pic of me, the bike and the trophy as soon as it returns to us. The last thing I will say is I didn't want to make a big deal out of this is because as Squeeze said, the trophy looks like a second gen. or even worse, a harley and both Jean and I laughed when they gave it to us. So please go easy on me, this was not my idea to shoot my mouth off about coming in second and getting a trophy that looks like a Second Gen!!:confused24:

THANKS ALOT DAVE!:doh:

Thanks for the kind words,

Earl and Jean

Sorry Earl,

Didn't want to upset you:rotf:! Just thought it was worthy, because your VR does look darn good. With the brake upgrade, the added led lighting, the custom fuse panel, well heck you should be proud!

I hope this doesn't mean your going to start pulling the Yamaha around in a trailer....

Your buddy...Dave

I'm sorry Earl, no matter what you say, i really like to hear about the Trophy. And comparing a trailered Bike against a daily Runner is ..., let's say not fair at all. So, you win that one and don't be too embarrassed about the Look of the Trophy. The Look doesnt't count for any Reason, it's the Fact that you won it with your Bike.

You have every Reason to proud.