IGNORED

1986 Royal Star $$$ ???

Geezrr

:smile5:

Well, I have found a 1986 Royal Star with a tarp over it under a lean-to. Has not been run in close to 10 years. Rubber is shot that I can see, a couple of bee nests.... Paint job is ok considering the tarp has blown a bit.....

But the amazing thing is this: IT HAS A BIT OVER 1000 MILES!!!!

The guy wants to sell it.

What do you think it is worth????

It will need some work sitting like that, but what a great find!!

I am thinking of getting it for my wife. She rides the 1100 v-star right now but has been looking at the roadstars. I would like her on this bike.

Anyone that wants to can email me with info on that year bike.

barrowfamily@bresnan.net

Dennis

:mo money:

Edited by Geezrr
Got the correct year!!

The guy said it was:

"Hi Dennis, it is a Royal Star. 4 cylinder water cooled 1300 cc. Bike is an 86 model and has 1,000. miles on it give or take a few. Yes, 1,000 no mistake. "

I saw it about 2 years ago under the tarp at this guys mom's house when I re-roofed her place. I thought it was a Roadstar at first because there was no trunk.

Active bee nests at the time so could not get to close..

Edited by Geezrr
added info about bee'

The guy said it was:

"Hi Dennis, it is a Royal Star. 4 cylinder water cooled 1300 cc. Bike is an 86 model and has 1,000. miles on it give or take a few. Yes, 1,000 no mistake. "

I saw it about 2 years ago under the tarp at this guys mom's house when I re-roofed her place. I thought it was a Roadstar at first because there was no trunk.

Well he is mistaken if it's a Royal Star and an '86 because they didn't exsist in '86. Here's the next question, does it look similar in style to your RSV?

Here is what NADA says it's worth if it's a '96 Royal Star

It looked more like a roadstar, did not have a trunk on it.

I re-emailed the guy and asked him it it wasn't a '96.

I am currently working in NM and this bike is in MT, so can't get another look at it until mid Nov when I get home.

what are the colors of it? if it looks like a road star then it got to be a 96-01 royal star. unless you have found and old royal star ensfield made in UK. probly need to check the gas tank first to see whats in it. then checkout the carbs and see whats inside them. i would drain a little oil out of it and see if water is in it. i also would jack it up and with it in 2nd gear see if you can turn the motor over. checkout this forum it's more for the 96-01 royals. http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/start if the carbs are in bad shape, let me know and i have a set that i may do some trading with you. i also have a few other parts for those years and you can find some on e-bay. does it look lioke mine?

Thanks Taz, I am going to get back home in November and have set it up to check out the bike in detail. I will make the owner an offer at that point. I am sure it will need plenty of work as it has sat for several years. He said he used to at least fire it up and ride around the neighborhood each summer but has not done that in 4 or 5 years. Original tires on it and they were toast when I found the bike 2 years ago.

Would anything internally need attention after sitting so long? I am a carpenter, not a mechanic. But not afraid to disassemble and reassemble things if I have a good manual.

Dieseldawg, thanks for the info on the carb for sale. I have not bought the bike yet but will do my best to get it.

My biggest concern is what needs to be done to it after sitting so long.

Is the manual available for download, like the one for the Venture?

Dennis

I wouldn't go over $2K tops for it just due to the amount of work that will need to be done to it. You could easily spend $2K on replacing rubber parts and other incindentals, by then you have $4K into it and then it's really not a deal. I like the $1K offer and keep the # low to that...good luck on it. I want to get a 2nd bike for jamming miles on back and forth to work.

dennis, the only things i think would be bad is the things listed other than the brake rotor being rusted and brakes dragging. i have looked at several bike that has set up and most times the owner really don't realize that the bike has been there longer than they think. look at the tags and see what the last year it was registered, but that maybe off some. you will have to get the 28mm carbs for that year(96-01 standard) bike. there is an adapter to put the 32mm carbs on but it does requires some work and expense. there's a write-up on that on the v-4 rocks forum start page. after you get a closer look at it and know a little more about what is going on with it, post back and we'll try to advise you accordingly.