IGNORED

2009 VMAX and others displayed in New York

Squeeze

He edited the first post also. Yes, now it shows up.

New York city. I wasn't anywhere near that. It's almost double the distance that we are from Rochester. So what is a T Max?

Here's the TMAX, Lynn.

I just don't understand why the fuel mileage is rated so low....47mpg from a 500cc engine isn't very good. Good friend rides a 2007 Roadstar 1700cc and gets that. Only thing I can figure is that the automatic transmission is very inefficient....

Joe

Hey, i'm sorry that there's no new RSTD or Venture TD on the Show, but you could take a Look a the upcoming Base and Engine for the new Model ... and no, i don't mean the Scooter.

I just read an article on the new V-max. It was only getting 25-30 mpg. Even if it is detuned for the RSV it probably won't get a lot higher. That could be a downer for the new RSV. Plus the cam covers on the motor are just ugly. Wonder how they would be gussied up for a cruiser.

I've wondered if they'll bring the Venture back as a cruiser or go after the Wing and BMW tourers. Might be the next one will be more like the First Gen. If so that could take care of the engine appearance issues. The Max engine would look just fine in a First Gen styled bike.

Additionally, bigger displacement and more horsepower pretty much never adds up to better mileage, even with EFI.

I went to the indy GP a couple of weeks ago and they had the vmax there and they are very cool machines!! very pricey but cool!! They had most of the other bikes there also but come to think of it they didnt have any of the deluxe or RSV there. I will have to say that after riding my RSV and getting on all the bikes yamaha had there they are like going to a moped they felt so light. Iguess I am just so used to the wieght of mine I dont realize it til I get on something else. I would love to take a vmax for a ride but i am affaid I might like it to much and get me back in the crotch rocket mode and I am too old for that now.