IGNORED

Lower Vents and Highway Pegs??

I've got the Kurykyan magnum Pilot offsets on my bike. Similar to the Longhorn models pictured above. I think they are a bit shorter in length than the Longhorns but find mine are just right for me.

Have them adjusted so that the long arm just clears the vent with the vent fully open.

Larry

I have the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs with the 1" clamps mounted to the lower engine guards.

They are the # 7980 in kit form (1" clamps, mounts, pegs).

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3260

The way most people mount their pegs - with the "bump" for the bolt facing their foot (the bolt and nut to the inside facing the shift/brake) - causes me to hit the footpeg mount when I'm shifting which drives me nuts. I'll post a picture at some point.

I moved the mount so that the bolt is on the outside, the footpegs up and forward of the bars. This way only the thin part of the clamp is towards my foot. You just have to make sure that the bolt/nut won't chew into the lowers by rotating them slightly which actually works well for your feet.

Aside from the fact that I think I am going to bend the heck out of the guards (they are not the stongest) it really helps get your feet away from the main heating unit.

Regards,

gp

I have found that the vents are only noticeably useful when riding in high temperatures. Air can be deflected inward toward the engine. In the cold they make very little difference.

My Kury Longhorns did interfere for my leg length. If my legs were an inch longer or shorter there would not have been a problem. So... I notched the vent. I cut a 1 inch diameter notch about a half inch deep into the lexan using a dremel then sanded edge to match the rest. Now the vents open all the way and it looks fine to me. I can post pics if you like but I've got to be off to work.

I just installed the Kurykyan 4509,s. They mount on the horizontal engine guards. You have to take the covers off of you bike and do a little bit of grinding but they worked out great and they don,t stick out past the bike to far like some of the others that I have seen. Hope this helps. Terry