Today. my signal lights quit working. I am real good about using my signal lights, so this was a big aggravation. When I got home, I pulled out my repair book and read up on the lights. I seemed to have power where I was supposed to so it looked like my relay was bad. When I pulled it out, I noticed it had a cover on it that could easily be disassembled. I took it apart and checked continuity and found a contact was not giving a good reading. I took a small piece of sand paper and doubled it over and rubbed it between the contacts. I plugged it back up and it is working fine. I have attached some pictures and you can see the contacts.

RandyA

Hey Randy,

Great Job on the blinkers! Why aren't more items repairable like that?!?! Would you think the MK2 has the same repairable unit, Randy? :clap2:I can remember being just a sprite, sitting on the curb watching my dad sand, clean, and blow off spark plugs, replace brushes in starters and generators and rebuild carbs. with a screwdriver and a pair of pliars. My dad's car always ran like a top and never left us stranded.

As far as the blinker fluid goes, I will never forget being 16 and pulling up to the auto parts store and sending my highschool sweetheart into the store for a Rad. cap for a 1963 Corvair! By the time she got back, I was rolling....She was NOT! It was a week before I could eat solid food!:crying:

Ride Safe,

Earl and Jean

Today. my signal lights quit working. I am real good about using my signal lights, so this was a big aggravation. When I got home, I pulled out my repair book and read up on the lights. I seemed to have power where I was supposed to so it looked like my relay was bad. When I pulled it out, I noticed it had a cover on it that could easily be disassembled. I took it apart and checked continuity and found a contact was not giving a good reading. I took a small piece of sand paper and doubled it over and rubbed it between the contacts. I plugged it back up and it is working fine. I have attached some pictures and you can see the contacts.

RandyA

:thumbsup2: