IGNORED

Looking for plastic that holds CB and Air Leveling

Hey John,

I have it superglued and it doesn't look that bad but a corner fell off while I was riding down the highway so I do need to replace it sometime. I'm not familiar with the "home made formula" though. What is it?

home made formula, = abs plastic shavings/powder, mixed with acetone, or mek. this concoction, forms a "glue", that is the exact same thing as your plastic piece.

if you need to make a mold, for the missing piece, you can use "silly putty". or "plumbers putty".

i use the plumbers type putty, because it is more malleable,yet it holds it's shape better.

either way, it is WAY cheaper to repair, than to replace!

just jt

That's a lot cheaper than what they have been going for on ebay lately...

You can buy a 2 part plastic epoxy specifically for working on ABS plastic at lots of places like Wally World, Automotive stores, etc. Devcon works veryt well as does many other brands. Just read the package to make sure it is for plastic repair. It comes in a dual syringe, usually black colored. If you have some spare plastic around, you can trim a piece roughly into the size/shape needed and "weld" it on with this stuff. It will fill holes, and can be sanded and shaped as well. Works much much better than super glue. Plastex is probably the best system out there...

Does the pvc pipe glue work on the fairing cracks as well?

Around here PCV glue is yellow and doesn't match black very well. Shave some PCV pipe and mix with Acetone as mentioned, works wonders, but does set very quickly, practise first and you'll love it and it works on all your plastic. Plastex is much neater and can be used without almost no finishing, has more uses and ready made, and can be used for many different plastics. I also comes in different colors.

Does the pvc pipe glue work on the fairing cracks as well?

Yep...... Although they make a product called Plasti-Weld 2345 that could very well be acetone?? that's clear and thin that will melt the plastic in the seam and give you a fairly clean joint. Use the MEK (pvc joint glue) on the back side with fiberglass roving to make a stronger repair around a tab.

That's a lot cheaper than what they have been going for on ebay lately.................................

eBay has been a little crazy lately! But that is mainly because I need some stuff!!:confused24:

I just replaced the left side panel (the piece w/speaker grill) because the corner was ground off in the crash and it wasn't worth trying to fix. The new one from the dealer was only about $35-40. Also you can get it at Flat Out Motorcycles under "Fairing 2". I'm not sure which piece you're talking about, the one with the speaker ($32) or the inner box piece ($40).

The advantage of going to the dealer (if he's good) is not paying shipping and supporting a local merchant. Mine pretty much price matches. That being said, I support the dealer in Canton (20 miles away) as opposed to the one 5 miles away because at Canton they are much better (read: friendly and caring about my business) versus not really seeming to care if they help in Marietta!

Guest Ken8143
Wow, was that recently. My dealer just quoted me a price of $75.33 plus tax. Maybe I could order mine from your dealer.

Iowa Guy

Naw - that was several years ago. - Ken

• 9 months later...
Guest royalerider
My plastic cracked because I had too much oil in my shocks. Now I need the plastic that holds the CB and Air ride gauge. I'd love to find one for a reasonable price. Anyone know where I can get just the plastic?

mikesneatstuff@yahoo.com drop this guy an email he might have what you are looking for i was just there today and think i seen one there:080402gudl_prv: