IGNORED

Passenger floorboards

Newbie here.

I will be picking up a used '99 RSV in mid July. Bought on Ebay and haven't seen it yet.

My wife is very short and I had to put a "riser plate" on my Goldwing so her feet would rest on the floorboards. I'm assuming I'll have the same issue with the RSV. I've seen some ads for Baron's kit, but man, they are pricey! :mo money:

Anyone have a better solution for the RSV?

Thanks,

Jeff

Chances are she won't need any adjustment to the passenger floor boards. Many of us are trying to find ways to lower the floor boards because the stock ones are too high for our wives.

Let her try it out a bit back there and let her decide if she wants them higher. If she does, buy the passenger highway pegs from DiamondR. They are very good quality.

My wife is only 5'3" tall and she says the floor boards of our 05 Venture fit her perfectly. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the info...at 4' 10", my wife is laughing. She says your wife is statuesque :)

Jeff

• 2 months later...
My wife has the same problem on my 02. She has short legs and the sides of the seat cut into her legs after a while. I would be interested in any solutions out there. Rocket! Nice of you to call! Sorry about your luck!

The Diamond R Passenger Highway Pegs should help your wife. They are meant for shorter legs. I put them on our 99 RSV hoping they would help my wife. She has long legs. They didn't help at all. Just cramped her up even more. So, for short legged passengers these should be great.