IGNORED

Michigan Members

ken

At the end of the month I'm going to take a few day off and head up to Northwest Michigan with the wife and a few friends. I was hoping we had some members here that could suggest some good roads to ride, places to eat, and a cheap place to put my head on a pillow, places not to go, and so on. On my map rt22 looks like a good road?

Ken,

If your going to the west side, then follow the coast up, it's all beautiful over there. There are some cool places to stop like Holland, Saugatuck, Grand Haven, Muskegon and so on. Can't help you with lodging as I'm on the east side, but I'm sure you'll find some if you hit on line. Have fun and a safe trip :thumbsup2:

A great ride which starts in Cross Village and ends in Harbor Springs. Take M-119 out of Cross Village for a scenic trip along Lake Michigan. The route which is call the Tunnel of Trees is full of twists and turns. Another great ride is north of the Mackinaw bridge. Take US-2 west once you cross the bridge for a scenic trip along Lake Michigan. If you get on the east side of the state another great ride is US-23 along the shores of Lake Huron. Take US-23 south out of Mackinaw City to Standish. Enjoy your trip and might see you up there, planning a Fall Color ride myself.

Brad & Don have some good advice there on the area. I'm probably going up the west coast from Muskegon to Mackinaw myself this coming weekend. I know if we don't do this route we'll do a east coast run along Lake Huron and related back country roads. Either way will be good.

My son, Eric has one of his rare 2 day weekends and we're going to make use of it by taking a bike trip together with the wives.

Weather reports for the rest of this week and thru Sunday are predicting near perfect riding weather too. :)

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One