IGNORED

need help now!!!

Naked Rider

I agree 100%. I don't even own a filter wrench. I use a large pair of Channel Locks pliars to remove the old one. Put a bit of oil on the new filter gasket and screw it on until it seats and then about 1/2 - 3/4 turn more by hand. I've never had one leak doing it that way. If you didn't lubricate the rubber gasket first, you may have torn it. At any rate, something isn't right if it's leaking.

We got him taken care of, I had the same problem on my '08 and it turned out to be the filter itself. The dish in some of the filters is more shallow and will hit the nut at the end of the threads before the filter gasket is actually seated. He's going to run to Walmart and pick up one of the super tech filters

:happy34:

We got him taken care of, I had the same problem on my '08 and it turned out to be the filter itself. The dish in some of the filters is more shallow and will hit the nut at the end of the threads before the filter gasket is actually seated. He's going to run to Walmart and pick up one of the super tech filters

:happy34:

That's good to know. What brand of filter was it?

Larry

When a member says they "need help fast" around here it seems to work, but what took you so long Squidley :confused24:, did you hit traffic on the way to the 'puter??? :rotf:

Hey I need help FAST,...............................I need 20 bucks!

Well, I guess that didn't work! :scratchchin: Hmmmmm

i would like to thank squidley very much for his help. the first filter i bought was a WIX for $7.00 and some change after fighting with it for an hour i got on here and got help real fast only had to wait for two minutes before i got an answer. called squidley and we talked about it went to wal mart and got another one for $2.77+tax so much for the brand name. did what squidley said and had no problem and no i didnt buy a oil filter wrench so we can all breath easier.:big-grin-emoticon: thanks again for the help

When a member says they "need help fast" around here it seems to work, but what took you so long Squidley :confused24:, did you hit traffic on the way to the 'puter??? :rotf:

Hey I need help FAST,...............................I need 20 bucks!

Well, I guess that didn't work! :scratchchin: Hmmmmm

Checks in the mail Todd

:thumbsup2:

Bob,

Glad that it was as easy a fix as that, unfortunately I know your not going to be able to ride here for a few days with a hurricane that is looking to come your way

:yikes:

i would like to thank squidley very much for his help. the first filter i bought was a WIX for $7.00 and some change after fighting with it for an hour i got on here and got help real fast only had to wait for two minutes before i got an answer. called squidley and we talked about it went to wal mart and got another one for $2.77+tax so much for the brand name. did what squidley said and had no problem and no i didnt buy a oil filter wrench so we can all breath easier.:big-grin-emoticon: thanks again for the help

That Wix filter must have been a production flaw or the wrong filter. All I have used on my o7 RSV is Wix or NAPA Gold (Wix with NAPA name on it). Never had a problem.

I used to use Fram filters for my vehicles until some Frams came apart on a few Cummins engines and caused failures. Maybe I am just paranoid.

Glad you were able to get a FAST answer.

This place is GREAT.

Yaa Squidly I think that just got you a Free Pass as Crew Cheif for the V.R.R.T.D (Venture Rider Race To Diner) Team, Wooo Hoooo!!!! It's not a ranked team yet as I just thought it up, lol. But I'm hoping for the number one spot next year:fingers-crossed-emo. If we all bring our own cutlery it will help, but No fast food joints, They never sell beer :(

Anyways, glad your up and running. I had to change my starter in a parking lot the other day. But it was Beer Store parking lot so wasn't all that bad,lol. Had lots of Riders that stuck with me and it was a good time for all :)

Knees In The Breeze