IGNORED

Olivia the WLA Harley War bike is on her way to her new home in Ohio..

cowpuc

WOW what a morning.. My new friend Ben, got up very early this morning at his home near Vermilion Ohio and drove to our home here in Muskegon to begin his caretaking of Olivia..

Just like most of you, my family here on VR, my love for motorcycling and being involved in that deep passion, has led me into meeting some of this planets most incredible people. It happened again today!

Ben has an extreme passion for WW2 history and is involved in re-enactments of WW2 battlefields. He has some amazing equipment but had a vacant spot in his need for a 1942 WLA Harley.. Enter Olivia.. She has gone to a VERY good home!!

Ben does screen printing as a profession (GORGEOUS WORK MY FRIEND)!! He special made these shirts for me (they go really really good with my Dispatch Shirt from Tooch) and presented them when he came today (1-31-15) to take Olivia to her new home!

Ben,, Cheryl and I wish you NOTHING but the best in all your endeavors!! It was an honor meeting you and doing business with you!!

Olivia,, you are loved and missed. Treat Ben and your other family members with the same goodness you treated us with.. Stand tall as you rub shoulders with the men and women who sacrificed so much in keeping us free, its to them, AND ALL THOSE WHO SERVED OR ARE SERVING - PAST - PRESENT and FUTURE, that we all owe the greatest thank you to!!

Don, Ben is very excited about the possibility of hooking up with the group during Maintenance Day, even if nothing more than to say hi at the restaurant (that oil change place you mentioned that you go to?). He also asked if, because you two are neighbors and you have a deep love for biking, I could hook him up with you so he could pick your brain a little about potential motorcycle mechanics in the area (he is looking for someone down there to upkeep Olivia if needed - for pay of course).. He is very good friends with the guy who owns the Harley Shop down there (you may have purchased your new bike from Ben's buddy..), matter of fact - he used the dealerships truck and trailer to come get Olivia LOL, but the HD shop doesnt do relics.. Do you have any problem with me sharing a phone number, e-mail or something for him to touch base with you on?

DSCN0455.JPG

DSCN0463.JPG

DSCN0448.JPG

DSCN0462.JPG

Thanks guys!!

It's nice to see such dedication to our fallen hero's. Really touching story Puc, she couldn't have gone to a better home.

Maybe they'll let you ride her in one off the reenactments

Oh yea!! He even said I get to drive his WW2 Ambulance and Jeep!!!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

sad but happy day as well.

I started out my army service as an ambulance driver. 1977. ended up being in charge of the motor pool. fort leonard wood MO or lost in the woods s some called it LOL

changed my AIT advanced individual training to demolition I can tell you some of them old jeeps had a nasty way of flipping even at 20mph.

my favorite was an old willy jeep the C.O owned. it was his pride and joy till it caught fire and burned to the ground. sure had some fun times stealing an officers jeep to get back to the base a few times too LOL

looks like olive will stand tall and proud in that army fleet. I am sure she will be well loved.