IGNORED

Stolen Caravan

icebrrg3rd

Well, sometime last night someone stole my Caravan from in front of my house. Bummer. My wife went out to take the kids to school this morning and couldn't find her van. Spent the morning dealing with the police and the insurance co, hope that it gets found soon. Very hard to do all our running around in one van when we're used to two.

Those of you who were at the VR IR 2013, Venture to Galena, might remember it as it followed along the ride with my wife & 3 kids.

SO if anyone in the Milwaukee area (or maybe Chicago by now) sees a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, dark blue with grey lower cladding & bumpers, 15-spoke chrome rims, and a 1-foot wide green shamrock painted on the hood, please contact me or the police, my phone # is located in my member info.

Thank you.

-Andrew

According to a local news story;

That is one of the most often stolen vehicles.

Simply because it is easy to do.

It is usually recovered shortly after it runs out of gas and is abandoned by the teens that took it for a joy ride.

Then they go steal another one till it runs out of gas.

If the police spot them and give chase, they will run till they wreck.

I hope it comes back in one piece in a couple of days. :fingers-crossed-emo

You may want to think of some extra security for the other one.......

Mike, yup, it was insured, except it's old so not worth much.

Jeff, yes, that's what I'm hoping for, that it's mostly intact and abandoned. My other van is an Astro, not as easy to take, plus I swapped the auto for a stick, most joyriding young thieves aren't able to drive stick. However, I was planning on a kill switch for mine soon, I'll move that timetable up to tonight and if/when we get hers back, it's getting one too.

-Andrew

Caravans and old Chevy Blazers gone in seconds. Our Blazer went missing from in front of the house one night.... stereo ripped from the dash. Fixed back up, was not worth claiming on insurance, couple months later it was stolen again along with the new stereo and the alarm system we put in it after first time.... I took the insurance payout after a couple weeks. It was "found" 2 years and 2 weeks later in an apartment building parking lot less than a mile away from where it was stolen.... along with 3 other stolen cars.