IGNORED

real bikers are harrassed by a couple of desert rats in sturgis south dakota

cowpuc

We are having sooooooo much fun with the bikers out here,, LOL!

As we headed out to deadwood from sturgis a guy on a harley street glide goes screaming by while in the canyon curves.. tweeks has this thing about watching harleys pass her, especially in the twisties, and I knew what was coming..

Picture if you can a guy on a really really sharp twin cam harley, riding solo with no gear doing everything he can to get away from a couple ol geezers on a beat up ol 83 yam with a nasty dispocition..

as we came to the stop light on mainstreet right in front of the deadwood hd (another place that only sells accessories, no bike for sale at all!) I stayed back behind the gentlemans bike so as not to block the view of anyone trying to see his gorgeous bike..

Surprisingly he motioned for tip n I to pull up beside him.. caustiously, ready to begin an outrun the harley session, I did..

the guy says,, THAT WAS AMAZING! That yamaha seems to run pretty good. I smiled and yea,,,, its a cantankerous ol girl that really dont like being left behind.. he looked tweeks over and replied,,,,, I CAN SEE THAT LOL..

later we were in sturgis and bumped into a couple bikers from harlem ny.. these guys just could not get over tippy and I and more so,, once again,, that be up ol yammie we both love. They were on thier harleys crossing the country too,, once again two of the nicest young guys a person could meet!

Hot, well over 100, mid day,, sun beatin on us and tippy notices a gorgeous road kill buck muley laying in the ditch.. she says,, you see dat? I was caught up in trying to convince myself that it wasnt really as hot as it was that she kinda woke me up with her question.. no, what..

big buck dead I ditch she says..

as we parked the bike I could see it was still in velvet! BEAITIFUL!

Gotta go for now, breaks over and I am being summoned to the flight controls! Finish the buck story later!

Lot a miles,, lot of really good miles..

puc

20140705_123622.jpg

20140704_143819.jpg

20140704_143829.jpg

20140704_143814.jpg

I ran into a group of maybe 20 bikers from Harlem, NY. at americade and started chatting with them about the yorkie one of them had with him. Wife talked over a hr. with him, they were a real nice bunch, saw them over the week, they always waved and said hello to us, real nice bunch.

Had a 1400 crotch Rocket blast past me couple years ago when I was on "Ugly" I didn't try to pass him back and could have a couple or 3 times but every time he looked back his mirror was full of 1st Gen. After about 20 miles of West Virginia roads he pulled over and flagged me down. Wanted to see what it was he couldn't shake. 30 yrs old?? Almost had to show him the papers!! They can be fun!! Now that 2nd Gen........:think:

Some people have all the luck. I was scowering the roadside all the way home from Venture west for some road kill with antlers or horns. Exodus is a little jealous of Tweeks' mirror decor.

LOL!

MONTANA COFF,,, MONTANA!

A little more info... these horns are GORGEOUS IN FULL VELVET. The problem with velvet horns are the outside is acually skin you can move around on the boneish material underneath.. I looked at tippy while standing in the ditch,, sun beatin down on us,, couple cars go by staring at us.. I told her I wasnt sure they would last cause of the velvet on em.. she says,, do what cha want but they zre sure beautiful,,,, what a chick eay!

More later,, breaks up and that same biker chick is tuggin at my sleave,,,, ok ok I am coming honey,,, everybody join me singing mustang tippy,, all ya wanna do is ride around tippy,,,,,,

Had a 1400 crotch Rocket blast past me couple years ago when I was on "Ugly" I didn't try to pass him back and could have a couple or 3 times but every time he looked back his mirror was full of 1st Gen. After about 20 miles of West Virginia roads he pulled over and flagged me down. Wanted to see what it was he couldn't shake. 30 yrs old?? Almost had to show him the papers!! They can be fun!! Now that 2nd Gen........:think:

ROCK ON YAMMERDAN,,,, ME N YAMMER,, WE KNOW WHATS HAPPENIN DONT WE BRO!

Gotta hunch ya just gotta give that 2nd gen a lil more time bro! Followed a guy on one up at mt. St. Helens and it did REAL well in the twisties!

We are having sooooooo much fun with the bikers out here,, LOL!

As we headed out to deadwood from sturgis a guy on a harley street glide goes screaming by while in the canyon curves.. tweeks has this thing about watching harleys pass her, especially in the twisties, and I knew what was coming..

Picture if you can a guy on a really really sharp twin cam harley, riding solo with no gear doing everything he can to get away from a couple ol geezers on a beat up ol 83 yam with a nasty dispocition..

as we came to the stop light on mainstreet right in front of the deadwood hd (another place that only sells accessories, no bike for sale at all!) I stayed back behind the gentlemans bike so as not to block the view of anyone trying to see his gorgeous bike..

Surprisingly he motioned for tip n I to pull up beside him.. caustiously, ready to begin an outrun the harley session, I did..

the guy says,, THAT WAS AMAZING! That yamaha seems to run pretty good. I smiled and yea,,,, its a cantankerous ol girl that really dont like being left behind.. he looked tweeks over and replied,,,,, I CAN SEE THAT LOL..

later we were in sturgis and bumped into a couple bikers from harlem ny.. these guys just could not get over tippy and I and more so,, once again,, that be up ol yammie we both love. They were on thier harleys crossing the country too,, once again two of the nicest young guys a person could meet!

Hot, well over 100, mid day,, sun beatin on us and tippy notices a gorgeous road kill buck muley laying in the ditch.. she says,, you see dat? I was caught up in trying to convince myself that it wasnt really as hot as it was that she kinda woke me up with her question.. no, what..

big buck dead I ditch she says..

as we parked the bike I could see it was still in velvet! BEAITIFUL!

Gotta go for now, breaks over and I am being summoned to the flight controls! Finish the buck story later!

Lot a miles,, lot of really good miles..

puc

Good post and good story. Ain't it great running into good bikers wherever they are from. I hope you and Tippy are planning to make it down to Alabama for the International. I really would like to hear about the adventurers you haven't posted. Nice find in the Velvet Antlers. You have a plan for them? Keep them cards and letters coming. Glad to see ya'll are still healthy and happy.:thumbsup2:

Some people have all the luck. I was scowering the roadside all the way home from Venture west for some road kill with antlers or horns. Exodus is a little jealous of Tweeks' mirror decor.

Couple things here first coff, if your seriously gonna go hunting horns ya gotta consider toteing a 16 inch pair of channel locks in ur maintenance department! They are my favorite tool, have used them for everything from emergency bead breakers to, well,,, breakin off roadkill horns! Another is carry a good supply of plastic grocery bags. They make GREAT throw away emergency repair gloves and, they sure keep the stink dowm on the roadkill goodies till ya can deal with them in a cooler setting!

got a few minutes, tips still sleeping. Hope I aint boring ya...

anyway,, so after tellin tippy I didnt think the horns would make it I smiled and said,, what da heck what da hay, gotta try right?

got the channellocks out, snapped em off, walked back to tweeks and tie wrapped em on the rear rack rails.. later that day is when we, strickly by serindipidy - pretty good word usage eay, strolled into Jordan MT and found water AND ICE CREAM.

pay attention now cause heres where the story gets more interesting.. left tweeks parked out side next to the main entrance door to the senior center,, ok,, she was in the way a little but I was in a hurry to get to the ice cream.. place was an old cowboy town kinda run down lookin joint and only a few ol cowboys running around any way.. tweeks was out there minding her own business when some 80 year old guy with a cowboy hat and no front teeth comes rushing into the building lookin for the owner of the bike sitting by the door..

I slowley raised my hand,, hoping tweeks hadnt injured some innocent bypasser..

excitedly, the man asked if I knew my biked had picked up a set of antlers along the way.. I laughed and said I knew that.. he got a very serious look on his face and started telling me how dumb us out of towners are, that if I were from montana I would have known that velvet antlers cant be saved,, they are flesh not bone..

I thanked him kindly for the advice,, told him I was gonna stop and by some acrylic clear paint and soak em down real good and see if I could save em till I could get home and maybe soak em in viniger..

he looked at his buddies sitting at the ice cream table listening to the whole conversation and they all started laughing.. looked at me and said,, AINT NO WAY THATS GONNA FLY, YOUR CRAZY!

I looked at em all and said ,, its a flaw in my charachter - I just gotta try, and than I smiled and said, you guys have the internet out here? None did.. I said, to bad cause I know a group of people on venturerider.org that would probably agree with you about the crazy part.. Funny thing happened at this point,, I WAS THE ONLY ONE LAUGHING,,,,, guess I got the last laugh!

Couple days later we ran across a walmart in a town called belle forche, tip won the guess on how to pronounce that one... I picked up some acrylic and sprayed em down good, so far they aint been to bad, definitly still able to get near tweeks AND can you imagine how pretty that ol girl will be if this works!

oh yea,,, while I was sprayin the horns I noticed my helmet was still covered with those nasy bugs from the bugstorm we rode thru coming out of alberta an into glacier montana..

I had an extra montana sticker a state surveyer had givin me so I cleaned a small spot of bugs off the helmet, stuck the sticker on it and embalmed those little critters too! PLUS,, my helmet gotta a fresh coating of sealent that may impress those california bike cops next time I get thru there!

Once I find my 1st gen, we will have to ride again and see if I can pick up anymore speed.
COUNT ME IN SARGE!

Good post and good story. Ain't it great running into good bikers wherever they are from. I hope you and Tippy are planning to make it down to Alabama for the International. I really would like to hear about the adventurers you haven't posted. Nice find in the Velvet Antlers. You have a plan for them? Keep them cards and letters coming. Glad to see ya'll are still healthy and happy.:thumbsup2:

Hi bob! Not sure whether or not we will make it down yonder,, ya never know though.. like last winter - gosh I hate that word - I plan to do another full ride report on this summer putt... if the powers that be havent kicked me off here by than I will post it up so you can at least read about it all if you want.. hey,, your always hounding me about me needing to drag a trailer around,, and txstrugis mentioned the single wheel model,, remember?

anyway,, I FINALLY gotta chance to see one of those single wheel models.. noticed these two, see pics, while in deadwood sd. While the two wheel trailer would never work for us cause of ground and side clearance while going thrunthe brush, this single wheel does look interesting.. only thing is, I really dont see the gain inmy hauling capacity,, how bout you?

thanks for the well wish!

We should all be riding ya know,, SUMMERS HERE!

puc

20140705_153302.jpg

20140705_153334.jpg

I am so glad that you are having fun. You have made me jealous though. You know women get that way. Keep having fun. I want to go out there again. Does not look like this is the year it will happen however. It is so beautiful out there. I just love it. Keep up the posts and photos.

Yama Mamaattachment.php?attachmentid=85518&stc=1&d=1404734869

I gotta RETIRE! work SUX! never enough time to do anything.

It will come,,,, believe me,, it will come.. personally,,, I aint waitin for it,, siezing everymoment of everyday even when its the winter months and I gotta spin wrenches to pay for these times,,, I suck every bit of living out of all of em cause I never know what tommorrow may bring.. thats why I live by,, riding my ride n livin life at its fullest NOW..

Crazy eay.....