IGNORED

Need Help Installing Baron Risers

Pilot

Pilot.

I don't believe there is a site with instructions for installing the risers. However it is fairly easy. I will try to explain it for you.

First remove the chrome caps over the riser bolts. (I used my fingernails for this, but you may need a very small screwdriver or a pick). Next remove the 4 bolts that hold the riser caps on, making note of where the dot is on the riser caps. Raise the handlebars enough to get the risers in, then replace the caps using the longer bolts supplied in the kit. (Remember where the dots went?). Adjust the handlebars and then torque the bolts to spec. (23 ft/lbs, I think).

When the handlebars are moved out you may have to pull some slack in your cables or even reroute your throttle cables to keep them from binding. I didn't have to reroute. I was able to get enough slack by just giving a strong tug to get them to pull through the holders.

:080402gudl_prv: I hope this helps.:080402gudl_prv:

If I remember correctly the black spacers between the fairing and the handlebars will have to be modified. These are the spacers that are just jammed in place to reduce vibration of the fairing........

I have the Baron's 1 1/2 riser extenders but I have not installed them yet.

I was wondering if you needed to remove the gas tank but I think that will only be necessary if you have to remove the neck covers in order to re-route the cables to get some slack. I will have to pull the front cowling off as I don't have the slack in the GPS power cable, the AUX input cable along with the radio control cable. I didn't know about the dots, I will have to keep a note on their position and the rubber spacers between the bars and the cowling. I think I read on a post that you might have to tie up the bars so You don't drop them on the gas tank, that's a good idea. I'll take my time and take some pictures along the way and then write up a how to do.

Thanks for your input I will be doing the job this weekend.

The main thing about installing the Baron's risers is to not make it more than it is. After I'd read all the posts about cables not being long enough, about removing this and that, etc., I was just about convinced to send them back without even trying. In reality, installing both of them took me less then 30 minutes during my lunch break the day they arrived! Just pad the tank with a towel or blanket, pop out the chrome plugs, remove the stock bolts and while holding a little tension to the rear on the bar with one hand, slide the new riser in from the outside...repeat for the other side. Insert the new bolts, adjust to your liking and you're done! The rubber bumpers will stay right where they are...and will no longer touch the bars. After installation, the bars will touch the shroud around the ignition switch when turned to full lock, but it isn't a problem because you'll never ride the bike with the bars at full lock anyway. I couldn't believe how much better the bike handled after I installed the risers. It was the 2nd best money I spent on my 07 RSV (the best money spent was for Baron's 4-2-4 slip on's!).

Smokee

You people are correct the risers went on like a dream. I thought I would have to split the front cowling to get some slack in some of the GPS wiring but I didn't. I couldn't get enough slack in the clutch and brake cable. I had to loosen both assemblies them so they would slid a bit on the bars, after that I was able to get the risers in place. The bars feel good but I can't wait to take her out for a spin afetr the weekly grocery shopping thing. The rubber wedges did stayed where they were.

Thanks for your help.

Well my wife finally gave me a pass from doing work aroung the house and I took baby out for a test ride to check out the risers. It was just a short 70 mile ride down the road but it was long enough to tell that the risers have made a world of differance. No pain in the shoulder blades and the position is way better then stock. I'm thinking it's the best mod I have ever done on a bike. I can't wait to take her to upsate NY next month. I did take the rubber wedges off, more for looks then anything else.

Thanks for your advise.

Graig I don't think you would be disappointed in them if you decided to put them on. I'll let you know when I head up North, I don't have a date set as of this time but I'm thinking possible the 2nd or 3rd week of July.