IGNORED

Shingles Suck!

BlueSky

Glad you are making progress, Slow progress is better than no progress.

I have always said Beer is bad......................

But you always said "SNOW is GOOD!!" Glad you are getting better Sky. All this makes me wonder about all the Hydrocodone I've taken with this leg & foot the last few years. I've really fought the lack of energy thing. I was never what you could call lazy. Worked a lot of rough jobs back in the day and have always worked ungodly hrs. Since I got this leg I can't seem to find the drive I once had. I've watched very close and the only thing I could see from the Hydrocodone was they helped with the pain. Maybe something else??? VA doc cut me off anyway!! Said leg didn't look like it hurt!!

But you always said "SNOW is GOOD!!" Glad you are getting better Sky. All this makes me wonder about all the Hydrocodone I've taken with this leg & foot the last few years. I've really fought the lack of energy thing. I was never what you could call lazy. Worked a lot of rough jobs back in the day and have always worked ungodly hrs. Since I got this leg I can't seem to find the drive I once had. I've watched very close and the only thing I could see from the Hydrocodone was they helped with the pain. Maybe something else??? VA doc cut me off anyway!! Said leg didn't look like it hurt!!

During the winter, you may be lacking vitamin D. Not enough vitamin D will affect your energy level. Energy loss though apparently comes with age. Dang it!

Edited by BlueSky

• 2 months later...

I seem to have recovered from Shingles with the exception of still having some numbness in the front of my left knee. The knee strength is about 90% recovered. My energy is back and it isn't affecting my daily activities except I still can't drink any beer. When I do, bad things happen. Maybe some of that isn't because of shingles. I don't know for sure. Anyway, I really hope you guys don't get shingles!

I seem to have recovered from Shingles with the exception of still having some numbness in the front of my left knee. The knee strength is about 90% recovered. My energy is back and it isn't affecting my daily activities except I still can't drink any beer. When I do, bad things happen. Maybe some of that isn't because of shingles. I don't know for sure. Anyway, I really hope you guys don't get shingles!

I had a case of the shingles once. In the left small of my back. Classic spot. I thought I'd been bitten by a spider, and it hurt like hell, so I went to the ER. While sitting on the gurney an older nurse walked in and asked me what was the problem and I told her what I thought. She asked me to lift up my shirt, took one look, and said hmm.. Shingles. So they gave me the old 6 weeks story and a supply of some sort of salve. Put the stuff on the area and in one week it disappeared and so far never returned..., and somewhere I have a lifetime supply of that salve.... It's the folks that get the stuff on the face or forehead that have my sympathy.

• 7 months later...

Well it's been a year since I got Shingles and I thought I would give an update.

My left knee that went almost completely numb is still numb a little in the front but it doesn't affect the strength of the knee that much. I still feel weaker especially in my legs but that may be due to getting out of my exercise routine. I could not exercise for a while and now I'm exercising but haven't been inspired to do as much as before. I've had a little trauma going on in my left knee since 1980 when I was jogging too much but it has never been that much of a bother. So, I think that is why the shingles jumped on that knee. Anyhow, onwards and upwards. I hope to catch up on my riding this year!

Well it's been a year since I got Shingles and I thought I would give an update.

My left knee that went almost completely numb is still numb a little in the front but it doesn't affect the strength of the knee that much. I still feel weaker especially in my legs but that may be due to getting out of my exercise routine. I could not exercise for a while and now I'm exercising but haven't been inspired to do as much as before. I've had a little trauma going on in my left knee since 1980 when I was jogging too much but it has never been that much of a bother. So, I think that is why the shingles jumped on that knee. Anyhow, onwards and upwards. I hope to catch up on my riding this year!

Now THATS the spirit my friend!! Words to live by for sure!!:thumbsup:

continuing Prayers Up on the knee trauma my friend!! That shingles stuff can be REALLY nasty,, glad your puttin a whoopin on it and keepin on - keeping on!! :thumbsup:

I also took the shot from the VA with zero side effects and thankfully no shingles!

Same here with the VA. Mine was a two part with a few weeks in between. Never had the shingles and have no desire to get them. Looks and sounds painful.