IGNORED

Help please with my 2006 Royal Star Venture

Tsarge

I have a 2006 Royal Star Venture. I recently put a new ignition and prior to that I had it bypassed so i could ride. When i bypassed the ignition switch the neutral light stayed on. After installing the new switch it continued to stay on. I decided to pull wires on neutral switch oand now i do not know how they go back in plug for sure. But back to beginning, the bike will not start in gear. The neutral lught is working properly now but as soon as i put in gear the bike dies. I tried bypassing stand switch by connect the two wires to it together, but still dies as soon as put in gear. So my main question is.... how do i bypass the stand switch and clutch switch, is there and could it be a neutral safety switch, and can i get a pic of that clutch switch plug sonI can install the wires back in it correctly???? Thanks!!

Edited by Tsarge
Another question

Page 8-3 shows you the various connectors and wire colors...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20electrical%20info.pdf

And here's the wiring diagram...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

As you can see, the neutral light gets its ground via the neutral switch Blue/Green wire which actually comes from the Sky Blue wire on the switch plug (The other side of the dual switch is ground) through the diode array inside the Starting Circuit Cut-off Relay. On the same plug is the White/Green wire which on the switch side of the is the Blue/Green wire from the switch, and is the 5th gear (OD) indicator switch! Strange, huh?!!? That dual gear indicator uses a common ground to turn on the light for neutral, and also for OD gear!

The starting circuit cut-off relay needs that neutral ground to operate, or it needs ground from the kickstand-up switch Blue/White wire, through the dioide assembly AND through the clutch squeezed contacts which disconnects 12 volts from one side of the diode (Which comes through the coil of the cut-off relay via the Black/Yellow wire) and supplies ground instead to the cut-off relay through the Blue/White line. Now, if the diode assembly associated with the side-stand switch is defective, the only way the bike will start is if the bike is in neutral. It will not start in gear with the kickstand up and the clutch depressed!!

Now, to the real nitty gritty!! If you follow that Blue/Yellow wire over to the ignition switch, you will find that, with the ignition on, it becomes the Blue/Black line to the Ignitor unit!! In neutral a ground for the ignitor is supplied from the neutral switch via the Blue/Green to the Sky Blue. With the kickstand up, the ground is supplied via the diode assembly when you go into gear. So, once again I'm beginning to think your issue may be the diode assembly!

Hope this points you in the right direction...

Page 8-3 shows you the various connectors and wire colors...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20electrical%20info.pdf

And here's the wiring diagram...

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

As you can see, the neutral light gets its ground via the neutral switch Blue/Green wire which actually comes from the Sky Blue wire on the switch plug (The other side of the dual switch is ground) through the diode array inside the Starting Circuit Cut-off Relay. On the same plug is the White/Green wire which on the switch side of the is the Blue/Green wire from the switch, and is the 5th gear (OD) indicator switch! Strange, huh?!!? That dual gear indicator uses a common ground to turn on the light for neutral, and also for OD gear!

The starting circuit cut-off relay needs that neutral ground to operate, or it needs ground from the kickstand-up switch Blue/White wire, through the dioide assembly AND through the clutch squeezed contacts which disconnects 12 volts from one side of the diode (Which comes through the coil of the cut-off relay via the Black/Yellow wire) and supplies ground instead to the cut-off relay through the Blue/White line. Now, if the diode assembly associated with the side-stand switch is defective, the only way the bike will start is if the bike is in neutral. It will not start in gear with the kickstand up and the clutch depressed!!

Now, to the real nitty gritty!! If you follow that Blue/Yellow wire over to the ignition switch, you will find that, with the ignition on, it becomes the Blue/Black line to the Ignitor unit!! In neutral a ground for the ignitor is supplied from the neutral switch via the Blue/Green to the Sky Blue. With the kickstand up, the ground is supplied via the diode assembly when you go into gear. So, once again I'm beginning to think your issue may be the diode assembly!

Hope this points you in the right direction...

I was wondering that I might have fried the diode when I installed the ignition Switch because like a dumb ass I did not disconnect the battery and of course crossed wires not know it was on a diode. where is the diode assembly sir? Do you know a good place to purchase this? Also it does have an OD light. Thank you sir.

ok i'm going to jump in with a question. My bike will not start with the kick stand down. If i pull in the clutch it starts no problem. kick stand up it starts as long as the clutch is in or in neutral. Is this the diode as well? if so where is it located?

Sounds like these things have a ghost. Sorry to hear your having an issue as well. I just got this bike and love it. Killing me not to ride. I just wish I could bypass something!

I can ride mine just have to be on it when i start it. can't let it warm up on the kickstand.

ok i'm going to jump in with a question. My bike will not start with the kick stand down. If i pull in the clutch it starts no problem. kick stand up it starts as long as the clutch is in or in neutral. Is this the diode as well? if so where is it located?

Have you tried to start it with the kick stand down and the bike in neutral?