IGNORED

Lawn Sweeper.

Yammer Dan

Bought a Agri@Fab 42 inch Tow Behind Lawn Sweeper. Got a Box full of parts with very poor directions!! Searched it and got a little better but this thing is Ridiculous!! If it don't work I'm really gonna be ticked!!! I mean a ton of parts!! Be careful With Agri@Fab!!

Ticks me off a bit, there's so much now, it used to be you bought something, took it home & used it. Now you need to unpack, check all parts are included & use your engineering degree to assemble with often dreadful instructions & don't forget it's all done "for YOUR convenience" :crackup:

We bought a fridge/freezer some time ago, paid extra for delivery that was it, it was delivered... nothing else WE had to unpack, assemble internals, connect water etc. We are now on our third freezer compartment. This one does seem to be working, previous ones have not! Five service calls in 3 years! I will never buy another S*****G appliance again.

IT WORKS!!! I never saw such a mess. But I got it. They sure need some directions with that thing. But looking at it I know why the store didn't have any on display!! I gambled on this one and looks like I might have won!! Maybe I should go down and offer to sit up some displays for them.

A couple of years ago I needed a new wheelbarrow and so I picked one out at the local hardware store. When I asked to buy it, they directed me to the unassembled boxes of parts. I told them that they did such a nice job on the floor model, I would rather have the fully assembled one and let them put another one together from all the parts. They seemed a bit irritated, but I did get the assembled one and drove home with it. Doesn't it seem that "manufacturing" something should include putting the parts together, not just tossing everything in a box for the customer to sort out?

zag

IT WORKS!!! I never saw such a mess. But I got it. They sure need some directions with that thing. But looking at it I know why the store didn't have any on display!! I gambled on this one and looks like I might have won!! Maybe I should go down and offer to sit up some displays for them.

Be careful with it on slopes, Narrow wheel base and top heavy when full can lead to interesting situation(rollover). Don't ask how I know

Actually dripped fuel out vent hole of fuel cap, onto hot muffler, *poof* motor burning, run up to house for extinguisher, grab on of those little throw away's, puff, discharged.

Run back up to house, get big co2 from garage, and finally put fire out.

Had to rebuild motor, replace fuel tank, and repaint front wall of trailer

well this pertained to an agrifab vac trailer, not a sweeper- you might be all right

Edited by bkuhr
more info

And then there are other areas that have gone in the opposite direction. In the world of model airplanes it has become very difficult to find a kit to build, Now almost all model aircraft come out of the box ready to fly, that sure takes the fun out of it.

Come down and I'll let you take it for a spin. 2 or 3 acres should be enough ta git a idea. Really you know how my place is. I still have to think a little when I mow but on fairly level ground they work pretty good. Rural King has them for a good price I thought. They don't have a display. You can look at a box with numbers on it!! There are push ones to be had but didn't appeal to me.

A couple of years ago I needed a new wheelbarrow and so I picked one out at the local hardware store. When I asked to buy it, they directed me to the unassembled boxes of parts. I told them that they did such a nice job on the floor model, I would rather have the fully assembled one and let them put another one together from all the parts. They seemed a bit irritated, but I did get the assembled one and drove home with it. Doesn't it seem that "manufacturing" something should include putting the parts together, not just tossing everything in a box for the customer to sort out?

zag

Ya gotta be careful with those 'demo' models. I picked up a Dewalt Compound Miter 12" that was tossed into an auction by Home Depot because it wouldn't work. The motor would turn on but the blade wouldn't turn. Started tearing it down and all it needed was an adapter washer to center the blade on the arbor. The off center blade was hitting the guard. $1.69. Bought two. One to install and the other taped to the underside of the table...just in case.. :-) All because some employee didn't know what they were doing when they put it together. Home Depot lost a ton on this one... Retail was $350. Cost $76.69