IGNORED

New tires for my 2008 RSTD

Mike from Ohio

I have stock size Dunlop E3 on front and Michelin Commander II on rear of my 2006 RSTD and my 2009 RSV.

I have run this combo since the Michelin Commander II came out for the rear but did not have stock size for the front.

I would run MCII front and back but I have tried and don't care for the small front tire.

My first set on the RSV gave me 26K miles front and 22K miles on the rear. I have run for about 5 years and multiple sets on both bikes.

But, I second the Dunlop E3's,,, good tires also.

Next,,,,,,,

I ran Dunlop E-3s on my Venture, generally got between 18,000 and 20,000 miles out of a set. Stay away from Metzlers, they tend to chunk out big pieces of tread from time to time, very unnerving when you look at your tire with a 6 x 2 inch section of tread missing and the cords showing in the hole, I was not pleased, fortunately it was already time to change them when that happened.

I know some people don't like them. I have been running Metzlers in my 06 Tour deluxe for 9 years and 3 on my Venture with total satisfaction.

anywhere from 14000 to 19000 miles outa them

You need to run the proper air in them I run 41 in the rear 38 up front . every time I bring them in for replacements The shop guys comment on how well worn they are.

Most of the time riding 2 up and I pull a trailer

I recently switch to the Avon Cobra on my venture to try something different. The Avon cobra has a 15000 mile warranty . They handle nice also

That's my 2 cents

I know some people don't like them. I have been running Metzlers in my 06 Tour deluxe for 9 years and 3 on my Venture with total satisfaction.

anywhere from 14000 to 19000 miles outa them

You need to run the proper air in them I run 41 in the rear 38 up front . every time I bring them in for replacements The shop guys comment on how well worn they are.

Most of the time riding 2 up and I pull a trailer

I recently switch to the Avon Cobra on my venture to try something different. The Avon cobra has a 15000 mile warranty . They handle nice also

That's my 2 cents

Glad you said that Dave. I've been running Metzlers for 8 years on my 07 RSTD, and have had great success with both performance and longevity. I had one set a long time ago that started cupping on the edges after about 10000 miles, but that was before I figured out the correct air pressure I should run in them.