IGNORED

To Toe Heel or not to toe heel that is the queston

Kc9ojn

I agree with the majority of the riders that have G2 Ventures,and like the heel/toe shifter, but I have gotten caught in the shifter a time or 2. I saw that someone a while back posted the idea to cut the rear shifting post down to about half of the length. I think that would make it just about perfect to keep me from getting tangled in the shifter but still have all of the convenience of the heel shifter. ....just another project to do.....:)

Brian

I -kinda- like my heal shifter but I cannot shift as "slickly" or "quietly" with it as when I use my toe shifter. On acceleration runs I never use the heal shifter as I am better at toe shifting. Also, I am thinking of hacking off the heal end of the shifter to give my size 12 left foot (yes the right one is the same size) more room to move around.

as Always

Thanks

A few of the members have done that to their hee4l/toe, but if you're diligent and follow eBay the Venture Line tow shifters do show up occassionally. I've found three that way.

Here's something else to think about. When shifting with the toe, only the foot moves. When using the heel the whole leg, all the way to the hip, has to move slightly. If you do a lot of riding in the mountain twisties, down shifting into a curve and then powering out, the response is quicker with the toe/toe. While using the heel the whole leg will move and could cause a change in balance. IMHO.....

I agree with the majority of the riders that have G2 Ventures,and like the heel/toe shifter, but I have gotten caught in the shifter a time or 2. I saw that someone a while back posted the idea to cut the rear shifting post down to about half of the length. I think that would make it just about perfect to keep me from getting tangled in the shifter but still have all of the convenience of the heel shifter. ....just another project to do.....:)

Brian

I did that and do not regret it. Like having the extra room to move my foot back, but still have the heal shift available.

Heel - Toe shifter has to go! - Page 3

When I first got the Venture I did not like the heal shifter. Now I would not be without it.

Mike

I went on a Victory test rid day last week. The shifter was one of the first things I botched up. I was accelerating up out of a corner and put my heel down and... nothing. OOPS Yea I would really miss my heel/toe, I'm spoiled now.

My RSMV was the first bike I ever had with a heel/toe shift. It took me quite a long time to get used to it but once I did, I used it as designed. When I sold that for my Wing, it was like I never had a heel/toe shifter. Now on the Victory ... no heel shift. I don't miss it at all so I guess it's all about what you're used to and what you're comfortable with. Thing about having a heel/toe shifter is ... you don't have to use the heel shift if you aren't comfortable with it.

I love the heal/toe setup on my second gen. I ride a lot in uniform and it saves a lot of damage to the tan boots.

It's pretty funny how we can usually spot fellow riders when in uniform because most have dark black scuffs on the top of the left boot. Not me.

I love the heal/toe setup on my second gen. I ride a lot in uniform and it saves a lot of damage to the tan boots.

It's pretty funny how we can usually spot fellow riders when in uniform because most have dark black scuffs on the top of the left boot. Not me.

No tan boots when I was in. Everything was black and polished. Well OK semi polished for us aircraft maintenance guys. But you could still tel the guys that rode. Same type marks.

No tan boots when I was in. Everything was black and polished. Well OK semi polished for us aircraft maintenance guys. But you could still tel the guys that rode. Same type marks.

34 years in the military and I'm on uniform change number four. In fact, when I started riding again a few years ago I went through all my gear looking for some of my old black boots. No luck, so I went to Iron Pony and bought black riding boots. I sure miss the old black spit shined boots!

I put a heeltoe shifter on my first Venture but went back to conventional after a couple seasons because I couldn't relax for realization my heel could easily accidently cause an unwated/uncluthed gear change. Now I won't ride a bike with a heeltoe system, unless it is an old relic Harley like I first learned on.

Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Shmily: I just bought a pair of Bates with something called ICS or ISC something. Anyways its a cushion in the heal you can adjust. I like them pretty well. They are a side zipper boot, I'm not a big fan of the zipper sided boots.