IGNORED

A Little GoPro from Long Tall and Donna

Long Tall

I use this more for filming my Pistol Matches, but decided to take it with us yesterday on a trip South on the BRPKWY (Blue Ridge Pkwy). Went down to Mabry Mills on the Pkwy for lunch (about 120 South on the Parkway from Lynchburg, VA and then dropped off on State Rt. 8 on the way back. Tried out the GoPro part of the way down. Rt 8 is a great MC road. We have a bunch like this one that drop off the top of the Parkway into a valley below. Enjoy....

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

https://vimeo.com/97083905

We just picked up the gopro3 from BJ's wholesale club for $229.00. came with a couple of mounts and the waterproof case. Took it out for a trial run yesterday. still tying to figure out how to use it. We connected it to the iphone using the wifi feature. works great, still have a lot to learn about the thing. Can't wait to use it when we head to the BRP in 10 days.

We just picked up the gopro3 from BJ's wholesale club for $229.00. came with a couple of mounts and the waterproof case. Took it out for a trial run yesterday. still tying to figure out how to use it. We connected it to the iphone using the wifi feature. works great, still have a lot to learn about the thing. Can't wait to use it when we head to the BRP in 10 days.

The WI-FI connection to the iPhone will drain the battery really fast. I never use it on the road....

Mother:

The battery will go about two hours with the resolution set at 720p and and 60 frame rate and leave the WI-FI OFF!!!!!!!!

Ben:

I have the GoPro Hero 3+Silver. Did not feel I needed the remote that comes with the Black Edition....

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

Mother:

The battery will go about two hours with the resolution set at 720p and and 60 frame rate and leave the WI-FI OFF!!!!!!!!

Ben:

I have the GoPro Hero 3+Silver. Did not feel I needed the remote that comes with the Black Edition....

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

+1 on both accounts. I used it on a trial run, mine is the gopro3 black. I shot a few drum videos for a guy wanting to see me play. Picked up drums well and the vid works well. Takes some getting used to.

So what exactly does the wi-fi do for you on this thing while your recording? Can you connect thru wi-fi and send movies to the local police to show them of stupid people texting and driving like idiots?

I use this more for filming my Pistol Matches, but decided to take it with us yesterday on a trip South on the BRPKWY (Blue Ridge Pkwy). Went down to Mabry Mills on the Pkwy for lunch (about 120 South on the Parkway from Lynchburg, VA and then dropped off on State Rt. 8 on the way back. Tried out the GoPro part of the way down. Rt 8 is a great MC road. We have a bunch like this one that drop off the top of the Parkway into a valley below. Enjoy....

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

https://vimeo.com/97083905

Great video and looked like a great ride. One of these days I will get up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I noticed a windshield bag on your bike. If you don't mind me asking, what brand/model is it? I am new to the RSV world and really trying to decide how to set up my accessories on bars and dash. Still searching for a cell phone holder that I like as well.

Again, thanks for the video and hope to see more.

So what exactly does the wi-fi do for you on this thing while your recording? Can you connect thru wi-fi and send movies to the local police to show them of stupid people texting and driving like idiots?

The wifi allows you to control the camera functions remotely.

Great video and looked like a great ride. One of these days I will get up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I noticed a windshield bag on your bike. If you don't mind me asking, what brand/model is it? I am new to the RSV world and really trying to decide how to set up my accessories on bars and dash. Still searching for a cell phone holder that I like as well.

Again, thanks for the video and hope to see more.

Go here: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HDCH-960&PF=43

Thanks. I found it on Amazon as well and it had a method to check to see if it fits our bike. Says not, but that does not always mean it can't work.

Did you have to do anything special to get it to fit and hold between the windshield and dash?

No....Just remove the chrome trim...(VERY CAREFULLY) you can break off a tab and don't ask how I know.....Loosen the bolts holding the windshield on. No need to remove. Slide the flat part of the bags between dash and windshield and tighten the bolts back up. No need to torque real tight. Replace the windshield chrome trim and enjoy.

Thats about it. Check the pics out on this link: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=138587&postcount=10

Long Tall

Edited by Long Tall

Hey neighbor (I'm in Charlottesville, VA), can I ask you a big favor - would you please measure the height of the windshield bags? I have a Clearview windshield with a vent on it (like a Goldwing's) and I'm afraid the bags won't fit underneath of it. The measurement would help a lot. Thanks for your time.

Hey neighbor (I'm in Charlottesville, VA), can I ask you a big favor - would you please measure the height of the windshield bags? I have a Clearview windshield with a vent on it (like a Goldwing's) and I'm afraid the bags won't fit underneath of it. The measurement would help a lot. Thanks for your time.

I'll check this evening...

Long Tall

GoHere For Picture. Picture number 4. Excuse the there of "Big Red", but have them posted for another sight I link to. Your picture with measurement is here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110023045215415505622/BigRedJune82014?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

• 5 months later...