IGNORED

Lots of Painted Parts

Geobob

Some here can probably appreciate this. Just got all the parts back from the painter. Even he was surprised at how many individual pieces there were.

They came out looking beautiful. I have been wanting to repair and repaint all the parts for probably 10-13 years now. It's been so long since the first accident I can't remember what year it was. The bike was good as brand new when I purchased it in 1990 or 91 with 1200 miles on it. Having it all back together and looking this good is worth way more than the $2,000 the repair and paint job cost.

This is the one place where I think some others can appreciate just how good this feels. I still have not really found a new touring bike that has made me want to give up the venture.

I have painted a couple motorcycles, and That still surprises me at how many parts there are. i can't wait to see that thing back together. I am dreading having to pull my second gen apart and paint it someday, I would probably just not do it if I had a 1st gen...too many pieces.

So you think the second gen is worse. I did not think it could get worse. All I can say is I'm glad this bike has never needed any work since V4s are the worst

I was saying that the 1st gen is worse for painting. too many parts. I have a few less parts on my 2nd gen. I will eventually paint it.

I would not paint a 1st gen.