IGNORED

Triple Tree ? / Part 2

rob0361

Thanks for the heads up about this, only 5 hour ride to Dresden from Clinton. I will make plans with the wife to make this trip in May.

That's great there'll be several of us trikers there attending. Myself, BongoBobNY, Ragtop69GS, and our host B2Dad & B2Mom, Bones I think, and maybe a couple others. Plus the normal run of RSV's, RSTD's and other branded bikes.:cool10:

Larry

Myself I picked the Dunlop E3 over the Michelin as it had a better tread wear figure. Never ran a Michelin so can't say how it compares. Some day I'll steal Jeanie's RSV (Ragtop's wife) and see how it feels...

The tire, you perv's...

After all the noise an E3 rear made on the back of my scoot I didn't want one up front.

My Hannigan triple tree Easy Steer has the words "Easy Steer" etched into the top piece in large letters curved around the center nut and is clearly visible when you look at the top piece. Since those photo's do not show that etched in on the top piece then I assume that it is an older unit?

My Hannigan triple tree Easy Steer has the words "Easy Steer" etched into the top piece in large letters curved around the center nut and is clearly visible when you look at the top piece. Since those photo's do not show that etched in on the top piece then I assume that it is an older unit?

I know this is a 35th anniversary Hannigan kit on the bike, which I think was 2010. So I am guessing at the time the previous owner had the triple tree put on at the same time. I'm only guessing, so I could be mistaken. Also, I thought Hannigan was using Steer-lite vice Easy Steer. Thanks

Rob

The brake pads are Brembo and many places will not carry them but EBCbrakes are available in most motorcycle shops, the EBC number is FA266 HH ,,,I think Amazon has them as well. If your looking at them through the wheel they will look like they need replaced pull the wheel and take a closerlook and you will be surprised on how much is really left on them.Jeff

The brake pads are Brembo and many places will not carry them but EBCbrakes are available in most motorcycle shops, the EBC number is FA266 HH ,,,I think Amazon has them as well. If your looking at them through the wheel they will look like they need replaced pull the wheel and take a closerlook and you will be surprised on how much is really left on them.Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I will pull the wheels and take a closer look. I guess looking through the rim will give you an optical illusion. They look thin but really aren't.

Rob

I am detailing as well this morning to cold to wash . So I am trying the Griots Car wash spray and it is working very well, no water needed :-)

It's a beautiful day here in east TN at 10:30 it's already 53 degrees and sunny. I will finish detailing and then take the wife for a ride this afternoon. Too nice of day not to get out and do a little riding, plus I need to practice getting use to the trike steering. lol

PUSH/PULL have fun and enjoy...And lets not talk about how great your weather is ! :no-no-no:

and if it is 10:30 there you should have been riding two hours already LOL

OOOpppsss, I think I said something Tabooo (good weather) and I couldn't ride till she was clean, can't take a dirty trike on the road..... lol

Just a little update, to my steering issues. Well I found out yesterday that the ol front tire was not sitting at 36 psi but 33 psi. So I inflated to 40 psi and took a 130 mile ride with the wife up into the Smokey Mountains into Sevierville/Pigeon Forge and back to Clinton. WOW what a difference adding the extra air to the tire made, steering was 10 times better. I feel like a knucklehead for not checking that sooner, but I was told by the dealer that I bought it from that they inflated to 36 psi, I guess maybe I could have lost 3 lbs of air in a month but hard for me to believe. So, I will keep a regular eye on the air pressure. I also changed the rear tire psi to 30 right and 28 left, I read on one of the threads someone said that these were good pressures to use. I just want to thank you guy's for your help with the triple tree thing and tire psi, it's been a big help. I just need to keep riding and I will get use to the push/pull thing alot sooner. Thanks again,

Rob

Nope!! I am at a point where I WANT mine to wear out so I can replace the crappy rims with better ones, and switch to 16" and tires that are about 1" bigger in diameter...

I understand about the rims being crappy, the previous owner of this trike did not believe in detailing the rims/keeping them clean. They were pretty stained and I tried different aluminum polishes to try and get them in better shape but too no avail. I too will probably change out rims. Now it did come with 3 brand new tires the Dunlop D404 on front and 2 Kumho Solus on the rear. Dont know much about the Kuhmo tires except they are from Korea if not mistaken.