IGNORED

Just pulled this out of the basement, and it started right up YEEWAWWW

we2riders

I have a number of old scoots in the basement and thought I drag would something out while waiting for the turkey to finish cookin.. Thought you all might enjoy a trip down memory lane.. Anyone ever have one of these back in the day?? Its actually later than my early years BUT I realize not everyone on here grew up in the 60's like me hahaha..

Anyway, pretty cool lil bike, I would say the neatest moped ever made.. Course, I love anything on two wheels - old new or in between - they are all fun!!

Scott:mustache:

I have a number of old scoots in the basement and thought I drag would something out while waiting for the turkey to finish cookin.. Thought you all might enjoy a trip down memory lane.. Anyone ever have one of these back in the day?? Its actually later than my early years BUT I realize not everyone on here grew up in the 60's like me hahaha..

Anyway, pretty cool lil bike, I would say the neatest moped ever made.. Course, I love anything on two wheels - old new or in between - they are all fun!!

Scott:mustache:

I sure have, haven't had it out in forever though. Mine has the black body and frame with a red stripe 1982 model with the euro fairing added and factory luggage rack. It has had some work done to it, piston, carburetor and different exhaust. It will run 60mph wide open screaming but cruises nicely around 30-35mph. :cool10::cool10:

It was called the MB5, its a Honda 50cc 2 stroke motor that is oil injected so no mixy the gas, 5 speed manual clutch little screamer.. Mine likes to be run between 8 and 10 grand - thats where the power is at (be reasonable now guys - its just a 50).. There is a little cover in the front part of the fuel tank that you remove to refill the oil res. Hydraulic front disc!! I think Honda only did these for like one year, probably because they were way to costly to build for what they could sell em for...

Got a couple old minitrail 50's and 70's, 69 Bultaco flat tracker, Heathkit Boonie bike, CL450, 68 350 Yam, 68 Kaw Avenger,one of those little scat cat fold up minis,Rupp Roadster,125 Elsinore,,, just your normal basement full of odds and ends stuff hahahahaha It smells good down there!!! Kinda like one of those really old bike shops that smell good...:rotf:

It was called the MB5, its a Honda 50cc 2 stroke motor that is oil injected so no mixy the gas, 5 speed manual clutch little screamer.. Mine likes to be run between 8 and 10 grand - thats where the power is at (be reasonable now guys - its just a 50).. There is a little cover in the front part of the fuel tank that you remove to refill the oil res. Hydraulic front disc!! I think Honda only did these for like one year, probably because they were way to costly to build for what they could sell em for...

Got a couple old minitrail 50's and 70's, 69 Bultaco flat tracker, Heathkit Boonie bike, CL450, 68 350 Yam, 68 Kaw Avenger,one of those little scat cat fold up minis,Rupp Roadster,125 Elsinore,,, just your normal basement full of odds and ends stuff hahahahaha It smells good down there!!! Kinda like one of those really old bike shops that smell good...:rotf:

Sounds like a great basement lol. I have the six speed gears to swap along with some sprockets just never got to it. :cool10:

Here's a little more info. https://sites.google.com/site/mb5supersite/technical

I've got a Heathkit Boonie Bike too. Just can't seem to get rid of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Those are way cool too, LOTS of great memories on the Boonie, two speed jackshaft with the shifter on the crossbar, mine still has the original 5 horse briggs motor hahaha and original tires - thing will pull like a freight train.. Came as a kit from Heathkit for like 140 bucks - back in the day that was a TON of cash (still is in my opinion).

I also have a really neat ol Rupp Roadster with the optional lighting kit, its the one with the little chrome motorcycle type exhaust pipe.. It even has the original little squeeze horn still hanging on the bars - just the cutest little squirt ya ever laid eyes on.....

Remember the day when it seemed like there was a Minibike manufacture on everycorner, not jap stuff either..

Kinda the same thing with snowmobiles,,, man there were dozens of sled manufactures out there.. My oh my how times have changed..:backinmyday:

Ever hear of Brut snowmobiles? My brother-in-law has a 440 Brut. I think it was the first water cooled sled made. It ran like a raped ape back then. I still have my old 72, 750 Kawasaki and a 72 Kawasaki 350 bighorn that I inherited from my father. I took a few laps around the farm on it a couple of weeks ago. Still runs sweet! Your basement would bring me to feeling like a kid in a candy store.:thumbsup2::D

We2....

I still ride mine from time to time. Redoing Carb right now. I'm 250pds and it will pull me up the hill in my driveway with no problem. We still joke today that my mom drove it up the garage wall not once but twice. Never bent the forks, bent the fork bolt both times.

......ummmm no, she will not ride the thing any more. I think her being 86 has something to do with it.

There was a car and motorcycle dealer in Cleveland, Rick Case if I remember correctly , that was giving a free MB5 with the purchase of an Isuzu pickup.

Never could convince anyone in my family they needed a pick up truck...;)

That is so ironic, back when I was a kid Sunoco Gas Stations were each allocated a Honda Mini Trail for a give away promotion.. A buddy my dad worked with won one and sold to to Dad for 50 bucks.. I ran the wheels off that little blue hardtail.. I still have 3 of them downstairs of which I know one did certainly come from that Sunoco deal... It was a different time back then..

I have one of the 69 Yamaha Mavericks - its yammies copy of the Minitrail.. This being a pro yammie site I will snap a pic of it and stick it on here..

Ever hear of Brut snowmobiles? My brother-in-law has a 440 Brut. I think it was the first water cooled sled made. It ran like a raped ape back then. I still have my old 72, 750 Kawasaki and a 72 Kawasaki 350 bighorn that I inherited from my father. I took a few laps around the farm on it a couple of weeks ago. Still runs sweet! Your basement would bring me to feeling like a kid in a candy store.http://venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup2.gifhttp://venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I had never heard of the Brut sleds, I actually thought you misspelled or mistook it for the Ol Rupp 440 Nitro cause it sure sounded familuar, then I googled Brut and whammo, there it is.. Yea, wayyy cool sleds!!

And I always LOVED the looks for the Big Horn! Back when I was young the other boys collected baseball cards and I collected motorcycle brochures - I use to set and drewl over that Kawi!! Is your 750 the H2 triple man killer?? Those were (still are) bad to the bone!! I have an H1 500, yea it rocks but the 750 was one mean machine.. Gotta love these old bikes!!