IGNORED

inexpensive LEDs

wes0778

You should be happy with them. Most LED lights are pretty tough.

I have used http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/ for most all of my lights on the bike and car and had no trouble with them at all.

I don't know what application you're using them for but the placement of the bulb can make a big difference. If it's pointing straight to the rear of vehicle it may not look all that bright unless it has a decent reflector in the housing. That style light throws most the light sideways.

I used this wedge style W5's in my marker lights on the bike where the sockets point to the side and they are are quite bright. The second light has the LEDs chips on the sides and appears brighter.

The one tail/brake light I prefer is the "Spider" light. Intense but it needs a lot of room.

Let us know how they work out for you.

Mike

I have some of these type I got off e-bay. Put them in turn signals. Fronts seemed less brite when flashing so I took them out. Rears looked brighter, but they will make you signals flash fast. I got one for the tail/brake and just took it out because it didnt look like it was "brite" under braking. It was suposed to be one of those that flashes as you brake also, so maybe the circuit went out for the flash part. For a couple bucks you can try them and see what you think.

Right center. I bought a couple LED light bars sort of like that. They work great. The replacement bulbs are what I have sort of hit and miss. But @ $3 a pair I aint going to give the guy a bad rating. The front may have something to do with them being a special socket (2nd gen) The OEM bulbs have 3 pegs on them. So bulb may not be sitting just right.

I put those in the tail light of my first gen, they were bright and the white glow down onto the plate was just fabulus !!! yup you guessed..... there is always a BUT..... I had the tail light dead warning display all the time and the red light on my dash drove me crazy, I was going to ware out my turn indicator switch because I kept hitting it to stop the light on the dash from blinking. I loved the look. The LEDs are now in the taill of my V-Strom and are working well.

Dang missed by ---- that much. lol The fellow with the warning light. I can imagine the light was on because the LED's do not pull as much volt/amp as a std bulb. And thus sets off the warning gizmo on the 1st gen. Thats also why they make your turn signals flash fast. The draw is not what an incandecent bulb is so they flash faster. There is some load something or another deals you can put in the circuit to make it draw right for the flashers. The other option is switch the flasher for an "LED approved" flasher. They are like $6-8. But on the RSV the auto cancel feature is built into the flasher unit.

I put those in the tail light of my first gen, they were bright and the white glow down onto the plate was just fabulus !!! yup you guessed..... there is always a BUT..... I had the tail light dead warning display all the time and the red light on my dash drove me crazy, I was going to ware out my turn indicator switch because I kept hitting it to stop the light on the dash from blinking. I loved the look. The LEDs are now in the taill of my V-Strom and are working well.

You can fix that warning on the dash by jumpering the reed switch in the CMU

Here's an easier one for ya. Only two LED bulbs in the first pic when I tried them. Then four in the second pic. Isn't hard to tell by color alone as the red is much deeper and they really stand out at night. Even in the day light they are quite noticable.

And the lil 5 LED bulbs are mounted sideways so they don't give to full effect as much as they would pointing towards the rear.

Been in the bike now for 3 seasons with no failures. I used to replace 2 or 3 194's every summer.