IGNORED

Trike for sale

tbbrider

Hate to do this but just posted my Venture trike for sale in the classifieds.Health reasons and for some reason there has been a rash of Cagers running over us riders.The one last was a close friend"s brother.A man driving a car driffed into the other lane and hit the Goldwing. Needless to say his left boot and leg was still on the bike.He lived just a few hours after the wreck and another one last week was one a man had sold his bike.Was going to take one last ride and someone ran stop sign,he was DOA at the sight.I would for some one in the club to get this bike it is in excellent condition.

Maybe Larry (Carbon One) could use it after his recovery. Sorry to hear about your friend and that you've decided its time to end riding. But it's a wise decision if you feel its time. Personally I don't want to meet my maker while riding but I can think of worse ways to go. Good luck :thumbsup2:

If the antennas are switched you will damage the CB when you transmit, due to a huge mismatch of the antenna "load" on the transmitter. It produces what is known as a Standing Wave Ratio or SWR that ends up sending the transmitted power right back into the transmitter and blows up the circuitry...

I believe what he may mean when he said "What difference does it make" is that if the antenna, cable and CB are connected correctly then there should not be a difference in which side the antenna is installed on.

That's what I meant. I would assume that the coonections for the radio antenna and the cb are not the same. Just the placement is wrong.

Every instance I have ever seen of them being on the wrong side, they were actually installed incorrectly. You can screw the masts off the bases and swap sides with them. Like Bob said, if they are on the wrong side, they are very likely causing damage to your CB. As the CB comes installed from the factory, the cable for the CB is not long enough to reach and plug into the CB if the entire assembly is actually mounted on the wrong side. It is very likely indeed mounted on the wrong side and needs to be checked and then swapped.

Every instance I have ever seen of them being on the wrong side, they were actually installed incorrectly. You can screw the masts off the bases and swap sides with them. Like Bob said, if they are on the wrong side, they are very likely causing damage to your CB. As the CB comes installed from the factory, the cable for the CB is not long enough to reach and plug into the CB if the entire assembly is actually mounted on the wrong side. It is very likely indeed mounted on the wrong side and needs to be checked and then swapped.

+1--- It would require some rather major modification to have the CB coax cable connected to the CB antenna on the right (incorrect) side of the bike. There would be no practical reason to swap the two from side to side and go to all the work of relocating the connecting cables. Logical assumption would be that the antennas (I checked it in the dictionary) have been inadvertently switched. It really needs to be checked and corrected if they are wrong. CB radios cost $ to R&R. :2cents: