IGNORED

MKII parts on a MKI

Folks,

Wondering if these MKII items will fit on a MKI...

Travel trunk? (My helment won't fit in my MKI trunk, and see that the MKII trunk is much deeper). Will a MKII trunk fit without much trouble?

Passenger footboard mounting plate? I really like the MKII style of flip-down/flip-up footboard, compared to the MKI things I have. Will a MKII mounting plate fit without too much trouble, and will the muffler mounting be compatible?

Thanks to all for your input.

For a deeper trunck, you should check out the 84-93 version as it seems about 50% larger than the original. Don't know about the folding floorboards, but there are aftermarket floorboards that will do the job.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83,88 Venture

I bought a set of Goldwing pass floorboards from our local Trike Covnersion shop here and just had to drill a couple of holes in VR mount and bolted them right up...........

[ATTACH]70942[/ATTACH]

Folks,

Wondering if these MKII items will fit on a MKI...

Travel trunk? (My helment won't fit in my MKI trunk, and see that the MKII trunk is much deeper). Will a MKII trunk fit without much trouble?

Passenger footboard mounting plate? I really like the MKII style of flip-down/flip-up footboard, compared to the MKI things I have. Will a MKII mounting plate fit without too much trouble, and will the muffler mounting be compatible?

Thanks to all for your input.

the trunk off an 85 or newer should fit as a bolt on, but youll need the rack under the trunk (the 85 is different as it is removable like the earlier models) that matches the trunk to bolt it to, and youll also probably need the antenna mounts to extend it out wider to clear the new trunk.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Yes and yes, but both with modifications. As mentioned the trunk will need either an '85 mounting rack, or a MK2 rack with the two angled arms removed, and you will need the longer antenna arm.

The floorboards require you to fabricate a pair of exhaust "hangers" and you need longer bolts and a big fender washer on the center bolt.

Both are very easy mods to do...