IGNORED

Will an 83 fairing upper fit my 85?

I am about 99.99% sure that you wont have any issues. there were some tiny differences in the bikes but the fairing wasnt one of the changes. I know Rocket has had different years of fairings on his 83.

Brian

so your not sure :whistling: :rotf: the 99.99% got me thinking about that hotdog commercial:rotf:

If your 85 is oem colour it will be Brown and the silver-gold, (they only made one colout that year, I think) An 86 might be a fairly close match too if you font want to paint right away. So look around for those years might save you some money instead of painting

Pinwall has some http://www.ebay.ca/sch/pinwall_cycle_parts/m.html?_nkw=xvz+fairing&_sacat=0&_odkw=xvz&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Brian

Edited by friesman

Yeah I guess it's a silver-gold, whatever that is, lol. I call it tan! I'd love to find the right color, but just finding ANY decent fairing uppers without a bunch of cracks is difficult. Since my "forget the kickstand, just drop it onto the Vulcan's fork tube" incident, the fairing is slowly cracking worse and worse, and last week the rear corner chunk just fell right out. I do like the suspension stiff for better handling.

Didn't know Marilyn Chambers was ever pure in any way, hehe. Interesting tidbit of info. I guess the hollywood acting career didn't work out like she had planned. Or maybe it did. :whistling: