IGNORED

My Venture hit 100,000 miles yesterday.

I hang around Jackass Flats Bike Bar near Dayton Ohio and stopped for a drink and to see who was there. I parked beside a well worn looking red 2000 Venture. I ask around to see who was riding it and finally saw a girl go over to it and I ask her. She said her friend inside owned it and lived out of the country and recently became a US citizen. To my shock he showed me the odom and it had 352,000 miles on it. I didn't get his name or anything but saw the odom and didn't have my camera. He was headed for Sturgis now. I've heard of those kinda Venture miles but the first I've seen with anything near that! He told me he maintained it himself and no big repairs ever. Had a Corbin seat and GPS but was stock looking otherwise. Has anyone else ran into this guy?

I got my 2002 midnight in March 2006 with 7250 miles on it after getting hit on 2000 Red Venture Oct.31,2005 with 86,000 totaling it.

Congrats! I rolled over the 100,000 mile mark on mine this year.. its an 06 that I bought in July 08's with 20,000 on it.. It certainly is good to about hear about the gent with over 300,000 on his bike.. =) An awesome bike for sure, well capable of racking up the miles when properly maintained.

Congrats on the 100K!

Here's wishing you see this many more times.

Ya gotta love the liquid cooled bikes.

They are like a Timex powered by the energizer bunny.

It just keeps going and going and going and......:cool10:

Congrats on the 100K!

Here's wishing you see this many more times.

Ya gotta love the liquid cooled bikes.

They are like a Timex powered by the energizer bunny.

It just keeps going and going and going and......

I never fully appreciated the joys of a liquid cooled bike as I did yesterday while stuck in an exhausting long tail back on the highway in South Dakota in 100F weather.. while the Venture was able to keep its cool while slowly edging along with traffic for an hour, a few air cooled big twins were pulled over to the side of the road, I'm only guessing the heat got to them.. Gotta love the Venture!

I bought my 09 RSV in April 2010..I now have 29,000 on it and my goal is to hit the 100K mark..

I've gone over 100K on my first gen 86 Venture and also an 87 R100RT airhead BMW..

I'm getting up there in years and don't ride as much as I use to but I'm determined to make 100K on my RSV..And then some :)